Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

minimalist vs expressive design
Quote | Reply
When it comes to your race/training wear, what end of the spectrum do you fall under? I feel like I am a hybrid. I do like my apparel to be clean and simple for the most part but every now and then I like to wear something unique and expressive. Some say it doesn't matter how you look but I think these type of races are so incredibly mindset driven that you have to feel/think good about yourself in all aspects. I'd like to say my apparel is more for how I feel about myself not so much what others think about it.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [Devphill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fall under the category, "on my way to the Bananarama Concert" look. No black, no grey. If at all possible.

I'm grinding Emilio Desoto to bring back the fun colours!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
I fall under the category, "on my way to the Bananarama Concert" look. No black, no grey. If at all possible.

I'm grinding Emilio Desoto to bring back the fun colours!

I'm the opposite. Going for black and white on everything. I just ordered a Forza suit because I like the block design (and apparently it's a great suit).

But I definitely prefer some contrast, no blacked out kit please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the expressive designs, but know I look better in the minimalist stuff. Back in the '90s, I loved to rock the Tinley prints and Oakley Razor Blades with a different color for each piece. Don't think I could pull that off now.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be seen, Be safe.
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a little subdued for me!
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FasterTwitch wrote:
Be seen, Be safe.

Can never go wrong with this route!
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [mikemelbrooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mikemelbrooks wrote:
a little subdued for me!

Floral is a strong choice! I like to incorporate blues into my fit when I can. Really love white too but that can be a gamble at times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Until reading this thread, in 40+ years of racing never thought of what clothes I wore for tris or bike racing, unless required to wear team supplied items. And also for trying to be more aero

If it was pink and aero I would have worn it. Black and more aero ok good to go.

My mother used to sew my ‘speedos’ for tris with whatever suitable cloth she happened to have extra back when banana hammocks were the go to outfit
Last edited by: MrTri123: Apr 8, 20 11:59
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Until reading this thread, in 40+ years of racing never thought of what clothes I wore for tris or bike racing, unless required to wear team supplied items. And also for trying to be more aero

If it was pink and aero I would have worn it. Black and more aero ok good to go.

My mother used to sew my ‘speedos’ for tris with whatever suitable cloth she happened to have extra back when banana hammocks were the go to outfit

Performance over everything I respect it! Guess Im trying to find the rare one that has both!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

With over 40 years of racing, has there been a brand that has stuck out to you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pink, black and aero. One of my favourites.

Last edited by: mikemelbrooks: Apr 8, 20 12:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devphill wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

With over 40 years of racing, has there been a brand that has stuck out to you?

I don’t really know brands so I went to my closet to take a look

I see for general riding Assos, DeSoto and zoot

Trinsuit I used LG and it fit great. Decided to get the new version of their sleeves trinsuit and it has wrinkles all over for me even when previois years models have almost none same size

So I started the journey to find a tri suit with least wrinkles. Of course this will vary by individual. LG, ROKA, DeSoto. All lots of wrinkles on me. ZOOT has the least But still not as good as an old zip up the back I have by LG, but that one is getting thin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally minimalist here. Most of my training is shirtless in cheap running shorts (even on the bike). I could care less about aero and fashion when training, I just want a good workout. For racing, I got a sell out SLS3 tri top and bottom a few years ago, and have worn them in every race since. Before that was a TYR set... that I wore into rags.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
I don’t really know brands so I went to my closet to take a look

I see for general riding Assos, DeSoto and zoot

Trinsuit I used LG and it fit great. Decided to get the new version of their sleeves trinsuit and it has wrinkles all over for me even when previois years models have almost none same size

So I started the journey to find a tri suit with least wrinkles. Of course this will vary by individual. LG, ROKA, DeSoto. All lots of wrinkles on me. ZOOT has the least But still not as good as an old zip up the back I have by LG, but that one is getting thin

Thanks for the insight! Ive been looking at some trisuits from Roka and Mach. Ill have to give LG a look too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who makes this?
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 https://www.aliexpress.com/...02_,searchweb201603_

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the floral one?
Quote Reply
Re: minimalist vs expressive design [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.amazon.com/...VFNG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mikemelbrooks wrote:
Pink, black and aero. One of my favourites.

I just realized that said Ralpha lol Thats incredible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Bling
Quote Reply