Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My next tri suit wil be de soto
Quote | Reply
Just read the article on the main page. It might not be until next fall, but my next tri suit will be a DeSoto.

Frankly, I think yours should be too.
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
Just read the article on the main page. It might not be until next fall, but my next tri suit will be a DeSoto.

Your next bike, chain, or case should be a Premier!

(from Premier Bike Facebook):

I shut down the bike business for this national emergency.
We started making masks about a week ago. Very happy to get the Fed X Air tracking numbers from Asia on the first 20,000 due in on Monday. Our next production run is for 40,000 and hope to have them on the 15th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are the best. Ive loved wearing them for many years. The customer support is WITHOUT peer!!!

Stephen Judice

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
How does a company go from making bikes to making face masks. DeSoto is a textile company so that's not a far leap. I want to be clear I am not criticizing or even insinuating that this is untrue, from what I've read the owner of premier is a top notch guy so I'm sure he would figure out a way even if it was out of his own clothes. But I'm seriously interested. Maybe if he has a free minute on this chaos he could explain what they had to do to get it done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

I ordered some masks and moved up my wetsuit purchase as well. My old suit has too many holes to be useful in cold water. It looks like I'm going to be swimming more open water, sooner, in Wisconsin.

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [Matt315] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was in medical manufacturing in a previous career.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7191665#p7191665
Last edited by: jkhayc: Apr 7, 20 6:59
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
He was in medical manufacturing in a previous career.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7191665#p7191665

Thanks for linking that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:

I had to look it up. This is really cool.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._High_Gear_7627.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt315 wrote:
How does a company go from making bikes to making face masks. DeSoto is a textile company so that's not a far leap. I want to be clear I am not criticizing or even insinuating that this is untrue, from what I've read the owner of premier is a top notch guy so I'm sure he would figure out a way even if it was out of his own clothes. But I'm seriously interested. Maybe if he has a free minute on this chaos he could explain what they had to do to get it done.

Carbon fiber is bought in rolls and I’m sure the machines that cut it could certainly cut cloth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before I made bikes - I owned a medical manufacturing business for 20 years (Premier Medical, Premier Manufacturing, Premier Asia Group). We produced shoe covers, masks, isolation gowns, latex gloves etc.. Just before selling the company in 2001 we were doing around 55 forty foot containers per month service 700 hospitals throughout the US, Canada and France.

I did direct sales (Chicago based hospitals as well as all of Columbia HCA Hospital (400 facilities) and surgical centers) and private label for most of the large companies in the US and Canada.

We also sold to PepsiCo (at the time Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and the bottle facilities), Marriott (hotels, food service, colleges and Prison contracts), VA for power free gloves.

I've only been designing and manufacturing bikes - as a passion business since 2016.

If there is a hospital that needs help - I'm happy to help.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: Apr 7, 20 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
Before I made bikes - I owned a medical manufacturing business for 20 years (Premier Medical, Premier Manufacturing, Premier Asia Group). We produced shoe covers, masks, isolation gowns, latex gloves etc.. Just before selling the company in 2001 we were doing around 55 forty foot containers per month service 700 hospitals throughout the US, Canada and France.

I did direct sales (Chicago based hospitals as well as all of Columbia HCA Hospital and surgical centers) and private label for most of the large companies in the US and Canada.

We also sold to PepsiCo (at the time Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and the bottle facilities), Marriott (hotels, food service, colleges and Prison contracts), VA for power free gloves.

I've only been designing and manufacturing bikes - as a passion business since 2016.

Wow, man thanks for everything your doing. It's good to know people like you are out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.

If there is a hospital or municipality that needs help - I'm happy to do my best.

We are selling all products at our cost to manufacture + air freight fees from Fed X from Asia.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:

I did direct sales (Chicago based hospitals as well as all of Columbia HCA Hospital (400 facilities) and surgical centers) and private label for most of the large companies in the US and Canada.

You rock!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:

I am in the market to buy my first TRI bike. I was looking at lots of brands but after reading what you were doing and seeing you reply, looks like I found my brand. Thanks for all you are doing. Now, off to your website to look for my new bike.
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate that but we are pretty much out of stock on everything accept Small and XS.

With everything going on it will be a while before I can get more bike inventory.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for your efforts, Dan!

I’m sure it was a great challenge and awfully stressful but doing ‘greater good’ is awfully rewarding. I will buy you a dink, if I ever get the chance to meet you IRL and say ‘thanks’.
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
Thank you very much for your efforts, Dan!

I’m sure it was a great challenge and awfully stressful but doing ‘greater good’ is awfully rewarding. I will buy you a dink, if I ever get the chance to meet you IRL and say ‘thanks’.

here's what Dan's up to.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: My next tri suit wil be de soto [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could not agree more. I already have a Premiere bike case (its great) and some older Desoto shorts (also great and have lasted a very long time) but I will make a special effort to support both these companies with my purchases going forward.

Hats off to both Dan and Emilio.
Quote Reply