Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training for 2 70.3 races 11 weeks apart
Quote | Reply
Hi all -

I have 2 70.3 races for this year which are 11 weeks apart. Am using the 80:20 Level 2 plan for the first one (Kazakhstan) and am hoping to go in well trained and without any health issues, unlike last year.

Assuming for a second that both races happen, what would your suggestions be on how to rebuild/peak for the second race? Just general guiding principles are fine, i dont need workout details. My placeholder plan was:
- 1 week recovery
- 4 weeks top end focus (VO2/FTP work on the bike, threshold/tempo on the run) with one weekly long bike and long run
- 4 weeks race specific work (lots of high tempo/SST work on the bike as well as endurance+tempo on the run and brick runs
- 2 week taper

Would that be a good approach?

TIA!

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Re: Training for 2 70.3 races 11 weeks apart [guadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
recovery
lots of SS, FTP work extending out the duration you can hold intervals. 4x12 6x15 4x20
short vo2 block (maybe 3 vo2 workouts, 4 tops)
more SS FTP work
rest race kick ass (hopefully)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Training for 2 70.3 races 11 weeks apart [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
recovery
lots of SS, FTP work extending out the duration you can hold intervals. 4x12 6x15 4x20
more SS FTP work

Thanks for that, Brian. In that sequence above, or go from higher intensity to lower?

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guadzilla wrote:
desert dude wrote:
recovery
more SS FTP work

Thanks for that, Brian. In that sequence above, or go from higher intensity to lower?

I'd prescribe it as above. instead of thinking high intensity to low I'd think more specifically to the event

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Training for 2 70.3 races 11 weeks apart [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I'd prescribe it as above. instead of thinking high intensity to low I'd think more specifically to the event

Thanks again - appreciate the help!

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guadzilla wrote:
Hi all -

I have 2 70.3 races for this year which are 11 weeks apart. Am using the 80:20 Level 2 plan for the first one (Kazakhstan) and am hoping to go in well trained and without any health issues, unlike last year.

Assuming for a second that both races happen, what would your suggestions be on how to rebuild/peak for the second race? Just general guiding principles are fine, i dont need workout details. My placeholder plan was:
- 1 week recovery
- 4 weeks top end focus (VO2/FTP work on the bike, threshold/tempo on the run) with one weekly long bike and long run
- 4 weeks race specific work (lots of high tempo/SST work on the bike as well as endurance+tempo on the run and brick runs
- 2 week taper

Would that be a good approach?

TIA!

9 easier weeks
2 harder weeks

Do this to stick to your 80/20 plan. Build in a 1 week taper as one of your easy weeks and you're set.
Quote Reply