Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman VR2 [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
laughable wrote:
Anyone else curious how they can monitor for cheating? Not that it matters now but when they start giving awat 70.3WC slots it will.

You mean like the 40 min ride time the current leader posted for the Boulder course when the Pros weren't even managing sub one hour in their race?
Clearly a stud. ;)
I;m now heading to the Cry like a Biatch thread as I only linked Garmin so the bike ride on Rouvy/Strava didnt show even after loading it up from Strava and removing Garmin, I want my imaginary badge..............

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Last edited by: DavidUK: Apr 12, 20 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [Pro_Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro_Sandbagger wrote:
I did the 40km TT on Rouvy. It is definitely slower than Zwift. At the power I was putting out (not a lot), I know that I will average over 20mph on Zwift. It was just under 19 on Rouvy, on the Boulder 5150 course.

I think Zwift, by default, reduces the gradients by 50%. You can change that in the app settings.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be for trainer difficulty. Meaning, if you cant ride up a 9% grade, change that setting and it'll feel like a 4% grade. However, your in-game speed up the hill is based on your w/ig for the gradient, weight, and road surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [Pro_Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro_Sandbagger wrote:
I did the 40km TT on Rouvy. It is definitely slower than Zwift. At the power I was putting out (not a lot), I know that I will average over 20mph on Zwift. It was just under 19 on Rouvy, on the Boulder 5150 course.

To the post earlier that mentioned cheating mattering when they start offering slots, I wouldn't be surprised if Rouvy is required for getting a slot allocation.

I agree with you!! I did two 40km rides with same climb and with same watts, one on Zwift and one on Rouvy (Boulder 5150), On Rouvy it's much harder than Zwift . In both app I have difficult trainer at maximum
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just fear that in someway...somehow...IM in gonna turn this shitty, hack/fraud of a platform into a way to get people to pay out. Hell. Look at the store, you can get your IronmanVR1/VR2 shirts, hoodies, and metals.....fine. Nab a couple 20% off coupons for the training miles you were already going to do...great.
But, when they start charging entrance fees for virtual "races"...that's when I'm out.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The event is a good thing to focus, I enjoyed having something to challenge myself with over the weekend. I know my efforts were mine and genuine.

They could have made this better by making the bike course standard and TT only, but its just meant to be fun, but that guy who posted his time as being almost 60 kph should be taking a good look at himself
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could someone tell me how could a man of his fifties do an almost 60kmh average on 40km? Three times descent on Alpe de Zwift maybe? I couldn't believe the number I was seeing with the bike times tbh. I'm nowhere near a good cyclist, but something around an hour seemed reasonable if one was doing it alone. Better times than the WR didn't.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [thelampire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
24-26 mph (40kph) can be achieved in a pack group ride pretty easily. Above that and there probably is some trickery going on if you are in your 50's. Powermeter that is just wrong, weight input way low, etc.... The issue is it would be impossible to police. Cheating such that you're averaging 60kph is pretty easy to spot, but what about adding 10%, or 20% to you w/kg by fudging your weight or mis-calibrating your powermeter? Reality is it's just for fun so try not to take it too seriously.

FYI the fastest bike split at age group nationals was 58:16... for M50-54
Last edited by: blackey: Apr 13, 20 22:18
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [blackey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. But if it's for fun, why cheating in it. I was so happy about this possibility, I did everything I could to recreate a race experience and then there were so many of these unrealistic numbers. Anyways, I had fun, that's what counts :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [thelampire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent this to Ironman in my survey response, but I’ll say it here for discussion sake: given that we’re not comparing apples to apples, I think Ironman would be wise to de-emphasize finishing times for these virtual “races.” In our current situation, make the platform more social and make it a celebration of athletes from around the world getting out, challenging themselves and doing a similar activity together in all sorts of ways. Maybe feature “longest climb” or “hottest run” etc. Make a collage of photos. Make it fun. Make it easy to connect with others.

This is coming from an Xtri and Xterra enthusiast though. I tend to be more about experiences and personal challenge in this hobby than winning.
Last edited by: Ice789: Apr 14, 20 3:26
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [Ice789] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ice789 wrote:
I sent this to Ironman in my survey response, but I’ll say it here for discussion sake: given that we’re not comparing apples to apples, I think Ironman would be wise to de-emphasize finishing times for these virtual “races.” In our current situation, make the platform more social and make it a celebration of athletes from around the world getting out, challenging themselves and doing a similar activity together in all sorts of ways. Maybe feature “longest climb” or “hottest run” etc. Make a collage of photos. Make it fun. Make it easy to connect with others.

This is coming from an Xtri and Xterra enthusiast though. I tend to be more about experiences and personal challenge in this hobby than winning.

I totally agree! Like most extreme locations, done with shortest transitions, done in correct order, done most accurate distance... Kind of like high school year book nominations categories, but for triathlon.

Anyway, is there anything like the above that you can think of that is hard to falsify and easy to verify?

We could even have our own categories and declare winners here on slowtwitch. Like, "Biggest digital doper", "Probably most legit", "Was he in a submarine?", "Should go pro", and "Fastest done actually all outdoors."
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Apr 14, 20 4:09
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR2 [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like your thinking! The good thing about fairly random awards would be that no one would know where to focus their cheating effforts. Lol.
Quote Reply

Prev Next