Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project Wing 2020 - any insights
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anyone. It has this helmet and has some impartial reviews?
Or if anyone has indications from the wind tunnel?
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing 2020 - any insights [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got the new Wing about a month ago, before everything went sideways in the world. I also have the Wing 57 in a Large as well . Here are my 2 cents about the helment. I got the S/M -- Black/Matte. The reason for me getting the S/M instead of the large was becasue i was told if i can wear a S/M because its better to get that (safer). Trying it on for the first time was tough, around the ears. Once i got it on it was flawless. Very lightweight and very easy to adjust. Now for the issue i see with helment. If I'm doing a sprint or possibly an olymic distance race I won't use it. The time it wll take getting it on isn't worth the gains i might get in those types of races. I find it easier to get on taking the sheild off as well. For 70.3s and fulls I will wear it. Maybe I'll get better getting it on with more practice as well. Here are some pics. hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing 2020 - any insights [mrgroantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks ! Can I ask what the ventilation is like. What size the circumference of your forehead is as I don’t see a sizing guide anywhere on the Rudy site?

Did you hear anything re aero results ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
keepdrilling wrote:
Did you hear anything re aero results ?

My guess, purely a guess since we've not tested it yet on anyone, is this is Rudy's fastest TT helmet. That's a low bar to hurdle.
How it stacks up for the majority of people though, well, that's a more difficult nut for helmet designers & manufacturers to crack.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the large. The S/M barely fit and just rubbed my earlobes so I exchanged it.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing 2020 - any insights [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I went with the large. The S/M barely fit and just rubbed my earlobes so I exchanged it.

I upsized as well. The S/M just seemed a little to tight and a little tighter than the S/M of the Wing 57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My forehead size is 22 1/4 iches---- 57cm. I've only used the helmet once with the vent piece removed (65-70 degree weather). Honestly i didn't notice much airflow coming through. When the temps get in the 80s i hope i notice more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First time out with the helmet, took the cap off the vent. It was 85F yesterday morning, I have the black one. I have to say that I really enjoyed the helmet in regards to airflow and visibility. I'll take it out a few more times, I meant to go out and just hammer the ride but the nuts on my BTA wobbled off the bolts and I almost lost my Garmin 520! But the helmet is pretty dope.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing 2020 - any insights [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

My guess, purely a guess since we've not tested it yet on anyone, is this is Rudy's fastest TT helmet. .

Pure comedy gold...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply