Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp shift vuka extensions
Quote | Reply
https://www.zipp.com/...o-extensions-brains/

Finally the first to post on something new!!

Anyway, I'm generally a shimano guy, but these do look interesting. Does seem like a smart way to hide the blip box. Holy hell that's expensive though
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp shift vuka extensions [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its about time they did something to hide the blip box for tri bikes, the price is crazy though. Don't know why they didn't do brake levers from the beginning like they did for road bikes.

Of course, just like the Vuka Aero base bar on the same page with the center cap that can hide the blip box it seems to be only compatible with AXS not the original blip box. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The price is stupid for aero extensions. When COVID is over people will have learned what they can live without and "big bike" might price themselves out of the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As if the AXS groupset wasn't expensive enough to begin with!

Samuel Arthur Medway
Perth, Western Australia
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp shift vuka extensions [SamuelMedway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh its absurd. I bet I could almost put together an entire di2 mini group for that price, which only includes extensions and clics. For that matter, you could almost buy a set of custom speedbars for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp shift vuka extensions [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
The price is stupid for aero extensions. When COVID is over people will have learned what they can live without and "big bike" might price themselves out of the market.

Or just the opposite. People will have spent little to no money on luxury items for months given financial uncertainty. I suspect spending will shoot up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Oh its absurd. I bet I could almost put together an entire di2 mini group for that price, which only includes extensions and clics. For that matter, you could almost buy a set of custom speedbars for that.

You guys reacting negatively to the price do realize this eliminates the need for the Blip Box, right? And also comes with a set of the new Multiclic buttons for auxiliary shifting at the brake levers? And an integrated computer mount?

Traditional setup:
$160: conventional carbon Vuka extensions
$385: eTap Blip Box
$120: Sram Clic shifter buttons (for extensions)
$110: Blip shifter buttons (for bull horns)
$20: Computer mount
$795

While I can see how $850 would be a hard pill to swallow if you're looking at it as an upgrade to an existing eTap AXS setup, It's only $55 more if you're doing a new build. If the extension shape/rise works for you, thats a no-brainer for the simplicity of setup. Even if you're upgrading, you can recoup some of the cost by selling your existing exensions/blipbox/shifter buttons.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 5, 20 16:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are an engineering company specialized in 3d printing, we have immersed ourselves in the world of cycling, manufacturing almost any type of custom parts.

Our main products today are aerobars (NOWIND) and toolboxes (NOWORRY), with the main feature that each and every one of our items is 100% sized for your bike and your needs.

We scan your position on the bike so that the NOWIND is 100% fit and confortable for you.
This condition makes it totally aero and fast.

You can see our work at: http://uniqocustombikes.com/

If you need more information contact us at: info@uniqocustombikes.com
Greetings, Alba.

Quote Reply