Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestion on Lenses for Swim
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, there are a lot of lenses of different kinds out there and since I'm quite new in this discipline ( I was a master swimmer in Italy) I was wondering if any of you could suggest me which is the best lens "style" to buy. My region is mainly sunny but cloudy days are also many. I train indoor of course in the winter time but as soon as I can I'll go OWS.....

Thanks, M
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion on Lenses for Swim [Michele78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
polarized or mirrored lenses in whatever your favorite goggles are. The biggest issue in open water is glare (IMO), polarized cut glare well.

I wear swedes, so for OW I have a pair of TYR socket rockets in an "eclipse" tint. super dark mirrored, basically unusable indoors, but they're great outside.

I think I saw in another thread that you like the MP Exceed goggles? If so, stick with those for OW. they make a "titanium" mirrored version that is supposed to be better in the sun and glare than the standard mirrored version.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Apr 3, 20 4:44
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion on Lenses for Swim [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on everything Jason said.

For OWS, consider having multiple pairs of goggles so you can swap based on the conditions.

For the Xceeds, get the mirrored for bright conditions (I find them too dark for the pool), and some clear ones for overcast days. Sadly, they don’t make them with an amber lens for cloudy days, but you can get the K180 with an amber/orange lens.

If you want to go crazy with the lens options, check out Roka.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply