Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really missing the NCAA tournament. Come Monday, missing Michigan State's 3rd national championship is going to be especially hard.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are on very different pages with respect to sports. Netflix is great but nothing beats live competition. I miss NCAA tournament, Masters, NHL, NBA, MLB, Champions League, etc. tremendously.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
We are on very different pages with respect to sports. Netflix is great but nothing beats live competition. I miss NCAA tournament, Masters, NHL, NBA, MLB, Champions League, etc. tremendously.

I am in the same boat. Any live pro sport beats a Hollywood production. I believe each pulls on different human emotions. Live sport on competition and a Hollywood production on creativity. Each has its place, but if I go to a new city elsewhere in the world I am more interested in local sport interest over local art interests. My wife is the other way around so it works well.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. After rough to watch much of the season, Spartans seemed to be rolling. Today is anniversary of one of happiest days ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NHL playoffs
All the pro bike races
MLB and our local AAA team
Pro soccer - our new team got one home game in

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Missing the NCAA Tournament sucked. Missing NCAA baseball and the CWS sucked. Missing NCAA football would really, really suck.

It hasn't been that bad overall. Mostly, I miss the distraction and being able to look forward to the little things like tuning in to watch my team or any game at any time.

I'll really miss the major tours like Giro and TDF. I'll also miss the FB Live IM streams, especially if the IM World Championship is cancelled.

I'll be very happy when things get back to normal.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, live sports is basically all I watched. That and car repair/restoration shows.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We cut our cable/satellite a while back and I really didn’t miss sport as much as I thought I would. Really didn’t miss TV at all. We’ve since went to steaming stuff, but I really don’t watch TV much at all even though I have access to it.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:

I used to watch NASCAR, but I stopped watching it when Jeff Gordon retired and realized I didn't miss it.......

Same for me. Gordon's retirement was the last straw. It started going downhill with the Chase, then the COT. Without Gordon, I had no interest.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
We cut our cable/satellite a while back and I really didn’t miss sport as much as I thought I would. Really didn’t miss TV at all. We’ve since went to steaming stuff, but I really don’t watch TV much at all even though I have access to it.

I've been streaming since the 2016 Olympics, but if you want to watch TV you still have to pay for a service like Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, or PS Vue. I have Hulu which runs $58/month and carries everything to include locals, which are 40 miles away (already tried an indoor antenna which didn't get great reception on some of the locals). Having local channels is kind of a good idea in terms of keeping apprised in light of local news right now. There are ways around paying that much, like mounting a stronger more expensive antenna in the attic or an outdoor antenna on the roof, but this is currently my best option for everything in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss them. Sports is always a good distraction
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saturday morning during classics season + back end of Premier League + NHL playoffs + NBA playoffs around which there is a long ride, run or swim to get hyped up about upcoming races with friends.

Hitting a solo run is a good diversion from the new world, but the only entertrainement on TV is tracking stats on the virus (and hoping it changes for the better) like you hope your team scored a win while you were out for your long ride. And now when you turn on the TV instead of seeing sports analysts talking about plays in a game, the talking heads are talking about how bad the virus is or how bad the economy is and will be.

It reminds me of the lyrics from Don Henley's Dirty Laundry:"...the bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at five, she can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eyes". Now the plane crash is either the virus or economy.

Its much nicer when that person is talking about the Toronto Maple Leaf's losing again, or why Manchester United will get crushed by Liverpool (alas they were on such an amazing season)
Quote Reply
Re: I’m surprised I don’t miss major sports that much.... [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

Love him or hate him, it’s hard to top this 4mins

Quote Reply

Prev Next