Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1UP Bike rack and Aero Rims. Any Isuues?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at the 1UP bike rack and wondering if the is any issues using aero 60mm rims.

My concern is that the rim is slightly wider than the tire so movement would push it into the side braces. For long trip I wouldn't mind putting on alloy rims but would like to just throw my bike on as it with 60mm for anything inside an hour or so.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 1UP Bike rack and Aero Rims. Any Isuues? [Climb11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The part of the arm that holds the tire has a v groove to acommodate different size tires and the vertical side arms are pretty far away from the wheel. Nothing comes anywhere near the rim, so you'll be fine with any wheel.

Last edited by: el gato: Apr 2, 20 8:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Climb11 wrote:
I'm looking at the 1UP bike rack and wondering if the is any issues using aero 60mm rims.

My concern is that the rim is slightly wider than the tire so movement would push it into the side braces. For long trip I wouldn't mind putting on alloy rims but would like to just throw my bike on as it with 60mm for anything inside an hour or so.

Thanks

I have 1000s of highway miles on my 1up with 60mm aero road rims. I've never noticed an issue to the rim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Climb11 wrote:

Thanks

Never noticed an issue with wider rims (CLX 64).

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: 1UP Bike rack and Aero Rims. Any Isuues? [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to hear people are using them with aero wheels and no issues.

Thanks for the feedback
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't be a problem as the clamp touches the tire and not the rim. If you are very concerned, 1up offers these: https://www.1up-usa.com/product/wheel-saver/
Quote Reply