Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift locked up this morning
Quote | Reply
I tried to Zwift this am and it failed. I use Apple TV. It appeared to freeze at the load screen but then jumped to the menu, and then jumped to the world - after sitting idle for 5+minutes. I tried reopening it a number of times to no avail.

I worked out using my bike computer, pm and watched the simpsons. After I finished the workout, Zwift worked.

What happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was doing weird things yesterday too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There wasa April fools update yerterday, between that and the sheer number of people on Zwift at the moment. I guess there lies your problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [mikemelbrooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer. Zwift has been the normal part of my routine pre-pandemic. Just trying to troubleshoot for tomorrow’s ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did Zwift say the problem was?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [mikemelbrooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I saw that.....the screen was blurry and it seemed that Zwift was having a hard time trying to keep up with the traffic
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The blurry screen was part of the back to the 80 effect. I am not familiary with the apple TV but I thought other apple mobile stuff had to do the latest updates before it would run Zwift.
https://www.youtube.com/...aSbAgvoSw&t=199s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the increased traffic on Zwift these days, you typically need to add a few min to get logged in, since it is laggy... If you're planning to do a Zwift race, and are warming up first, make sure you allow 3-5min to change worlds before the start time for your race... I almost missed my start on Saturday for a race, I switched with about 4min to go, and finally loaded the new world for the race about 25sec before roll out...

And yes, the blurriness was the retro effect, it's similar to what they do in some of the workouts when you get to the end of really hard sets, where they simulate the tunnel vision that you sometimes get at the end of a set...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
where they simulate the tunnel vision that you sometimes get at the end of a set...

They still do that? I applaud the effort at creativity. But that was an experiment that should just go away.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can disable it in the settings... I always forget to, and then it annoys the hell out of me in a workout... Nothing worse than your vision actually tunneling up at the end of a killer workout, to then have to deal with the tunnel effect on zwift as well... What annoys me about it more is that sometimes on hard, but not killer sets, they start to trigger that effect, when you're still early in the workout and fresh enough that it's not necessary...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift locked up this morning [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Trauma wrote:
where they simulate the tunnel vision that you sometimes get at the end of a set...

They still do that? I applaud the effort at creativity. But that was an experiment that should just go away.
It's still there but I think you can disable it in the settings menu.
Quote Reply