Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cerveloguy, did you get the memo?
Quote | Reply
Apparently chiropractors in Canada and elsewhere are being told, even by their own representative bodies, to stop advertising their services as a treatment for covid-19 in response to a number of complaints. Harsh.

I suppose we should be encouraged that they draw the line......somewhere.

This lie, too much
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy, did you get the memo? [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that naturopaths didn't jump on the money train.
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy, did you get the memo? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you'll find that they have, along with every other charlatan around.

Even telvangelist Jim Bakker has been in some trouble (I'm shocked) for advertising colloidal silver as a treatment. Could anyone be so moronic as to fall for such a scam? Surely not, but maybe...

JSA wrote:
Yep. A lot of things that don't have scientific studies to support them work. But, if you want to stay sick, no skin off my nose.

Ahem...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They (naturopaths) tried that in our province but it got shut down pretty quick. An outpt cardiology group tried it too advertising telehealth consults for chest pain. You cannot reliably evaluate chest pain with telehealth to someones home. No ecgs no stress test no chest xrays no bloodwork etc. But they are starving for revenue. Everyone is low on revenue so there will be a few clowns in every bunch who will try crazy things. I am not a huge chiropractic fan but most chiros are not doing this.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
Apparently chiropractors in Canada and elsewhere are being told, even by their own representative bodies, to stop advertising their services as a treatment for covid-19 in response to a number of complaints. Harsh.

This lie, too much

I read this. Its very embarrassing that we have kooks like this within the ranks, but I have to admit we have them. In the 38 yrs of practise I've never treated or claimed to be able to treat anything else but musculo-skeletal conditions. There are about 2000 chiropractors in Ontario and the association has sent out 54 cease orders, so its a very small % that give the rest of us a bad name. I closed my practise down last week to protect my patients but some are still open AFAIK.
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy, did you get the memo? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Bone Idol wrote:

This lie, too much

I read this. Its very embarrassing that we have kooks like this within the ranks, but I have to admit we have them. In the 38 yrs of practise I've never treated or claimed to be able to treat anything else but musculo-skeletal conditions. There are about 2000 chiropractors in Ontario and the association has sent out 54 cease orders, so its a very small % that give the rest of us a bad name. I closed my practise down last week to protect my patients but some are still open AFAIK.

This unfortunately happens in quite a few care giving professions professions. I used to work with a guy who did some Chinese massage, took hip 6 moths part time to get the certificate. He claimed to be a massage therapist, as convenient for him. RMTs must have insurance, but then he said he is not an RMT. He does massage, just like RMT. But when it comes to paying for continuing education credit courses, well, he is not quite an RMT. RMTs must display visibly their work permit, well, he is not required to display it because he is not regulated. But when it comes to charging clients, he had RMT prices. But did not give receipts because, you know, he is not quite the same as RMTs. Holly shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Bone Idol wrote:

This lie, too much

This unfortunately happens in quite a few care giving professions professions. I used to work with a guy who did some Chinese massage, took hip 6 moths part time to get the certificate. He claimed to be a massage therapist, as convenient for him. RMTs must have insurance, but then he said he is not an RMT. He does massage, just like RMT. But when it comes to paying for continuing education credit courses, well, he is not quite an RMT. RMTs must display visibly their work permit, well, he is not required to display it because he is not regulated. But when it comes to charging clients, he had RMT prices. But did not give receipts because, you know, he is not quite the same as RMTs. Holly shit.

Years ago some guy came to my office and introduced himself as a manager of a massage therapy clinic and wanted my to send him referrals. Turns out he had a bunch of gals in his "clinic" doing massage but none of them were registered massage therapists. Don't think any of them had qualifications and may have been offering "extra services" besides therapeutic massage on the side. Fly by night operation, they were gone within a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/...ormation-coronavirus

The murders row of "cures" and 'treatments" about two thirds of the way in is impressively funny.
Quote Reply