Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:
I was just checking in on this thread as I thought there were a few still standing. Looks like JPO has won bragging rights. Congrats!

To keep this thread going, who do you think:
(1) will make it back from the Edge, and
(2) will win it all?

My guesses:
(1) Rob
(2) Sarah

1. Natalie
2. Denise

1. Natalie
2. Rob. Never count him out.

Natalie is the easy pick for coming back so I'll go with Tyson coming back a second time.

To win I'll go with Ben. But he will have to win an immunity or two to get there.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I missed making my pick last night so I'm out. I probably would have picked Nick though anyway so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Nick sure shot himself in the foot on that one. Michele was absolutely correct: by not voting against Ben, he closed the path to the end for both her and Michelle. Then when she won immunity, the logical choice was Nick to go.

My pick to come back is Wendell - he looked like he had some pip in his legs running for that clue
My pick to win the whole thing is Tony - he's been on the right side of every vote and the jury knows it. The only catch is if he can make it to the end, and with an Idol, it seems like a good bet.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought they would have gone with Tony for the disadvantage. With his paranoia he would have blown up camp. Would have been entertaining to watch.

Agreed that Nick blew it by not voting Ben. Sometimes it’s hard to believe these people have played the game before. It was an obvious and easy move.

Michelle is playing the game this season. Liked that she tried to talk Sara out of her alliance. Can’t see Sara winning against either Tony or Ben.

Finally know what the fire tokens were for. Changing my pick for returning to Natalie. Three advantages? If it’s a physical challenge I don’t see anyone beating her.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:
I was just checking in on this thread as I thought there were a few still standing. Looks like JPO has won bragging rights. Congrats!

To keep this thread going, who do you think:
(1) will make it back from the Edge, and
(2) will win it all?

My guesses:
(1) Rob
(2) Sarah

1. Natalie
2. Denise

1. Natalie
2. Rob. Never count him out.

1 Nat
2 Tony

I guess if having picks even after we have a winner, I should have picked .. of course I still have my miss a week, card so I guess I am still in??? WTF.. no JPO won, he was the last in the game, us on exile were cut a drift...

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Thought they would have gone with Tony for the disadvantage. With his paranoia he would have blown up camp. Would have been entertaining to watch.

Agreed that Nick blew it by not voting Ben. Sometimes it’s hard to believe these people have played the game before. It was an obvious and easy move.

Michelle is playing the game this season. Liked that she tried to talk Sara out of her alliance. Can’t see Sara winning against either Tony or Ben.

Finally know what the fire tokens were for. Changing my pick for returning to Natalie. Three advantages? If it’s a physical challenge I don’t see anyone beating her.

The other obvious choice for the disadvantage would have been Sara. If you're trying to get her out of her alliance, spreading a bit of suspicion might help a bit.
Last edited by: timbasile: May 8, 20 8:49
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have to go with Natalie coming back ( a lot of it depends on what the challenge is ) and Tony to win although it would be quite the twist if whoever came back from the Edge ended up winning. I'm not sure how bonded the people are in the Edge or if there would be to much resentment from the other Edge people to let that happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering that Nat has 3 advantages, she would have to be the favourite to make it back. I believe that Rob has 1, so he would still be in the mix.

Next vote will be huge and I assume that the majority of the group will be aligned against the returning Edge player. Definitely an opportunity for Michelle and another (Ben and/or Denise) to make a move against Tony and Sarah. Will be interesting if its Nat or Tyson with their immunity idols.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
Considering that Nat has 3 advantages, she would have to be the favourite to make it back. I believe that Rob has 1, so he would still be in the mix.

Next vote will be huge and I assume that the majority of the group will be aligned against the returning Edge player. Definitely an opportunity for Michelle and another (Ben and/or Denise) to make a move against Tony and Sarah. Will be interesting if its Nat or Tyson with their immunity idols.

Rob and someone else have an immunity idol from last comeback chance also.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:

If I remember correctly Natalie had two idols, kept one for herself and gave one to Tyson.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:

If I remember correctly Natalie had two idols, kept one for herself and gave one to Tyson.

For this one yes she bought 2 and gave one to tyson at the very end of last weeks episode. But before the last return from exile challange, rob and someone else bought imunity idols which are still good if they win this comeback challenge.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Natalie Almost blew her advantages but prevailed in the end to come back.

Liked her strategy to out Tony but neither Sara or Ben seemed to want to win.

Really getting tired of the politically correct BS during tribal.

They need to do something to juice the Final three. Once Tony raised the flag it was over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

They need to do something to juice the Final three. Once Tony raised the flag it was over.

Has Sara never watched the fire challenges? She seemed to think that she could just throw the coconut husk on and that would be it. She had him, then she blew it.

Not sure why Tony would not have been one of the first targets of the season. I'm glad they didn't give it to someone who was voted out first then came back at 6 with an idol.Natalie wasn't involved in any of the game play, would have been silly to give her the win.

Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
davec wrote:

Has Sara never watched the fire challenges? She seemed to think that she could just throw the coconut husk on and that would be it. She had him, then she blew it.

Not sure why Tony would not have been one of the first targets of the season. I'm glad they didn't give it to someone who was voted out first then came back at 6 with an idol.Natalie wasn't involved in any of the game play, would have been silly to give her the win.

Natalie should have recognized that Michele was the best fire-maker and put her against Tony. Then she probably would have won the $2m.

Agree re Sara's fire. I was thinking the same thing. These people should know better than anyone how to make a fire. She just got excited in the moment that with the extra husk the flame was reaching the string.

Tony deserved to win but I wanted Natalie to win. She rocked it on Extinction and even though she wasn't in the main game, she still played a really good game from where she was.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That kind of followed what I thought would mostly likely happen with Natalie coming back and Tony winning. Natalie did the best she could getting Ben and Tony to play their idols and winning the final immunity. The only way she could have won was to take the chance and face Tony in the fire challenge and beat him.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
That kind of followed what I thought would mostly likely happen with Natalie coming back and Tony winning. Natalie did the best she could getting Ben and Tony to play their idols and winning the final immunity. The only way she could have won was to take the chance and face Tony in the fire challenge and beat him.

I agree the only chance she had was to go for it at every time, and so she had to win the immunity and like the last person, turn around and win the fire challenge. Before this season I liked edge.. after this one I dont

I think edge might be more physically challenging, though rob still seemed to have a good gut at the end. But the mental always on game play isn't there. Its just not as difficult. So the returning player seems to be in better shape overall than the ones who are game playing 24/7

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't mind the edge, but they have to come back earlier. Natalie comes back with an idol so she is through to the round of 5 by doing one thing the whole season, winning the come back contest. If you are going to let them come back with an idol I can't see anything later than 8.

Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed that they needed to do something with the Edge. That's almost 2/2 getting knocked out early and winning the game. I wouldn't have minded if Nick or Jeremy had made it through since they would have only missed the odd tribal here or there, but Natalie missed almost all of the game. At least when Chris did it, he challenged the dominant player and won, and was left with 2 goats. Even if Natalie had won fire vs Tony, I fail to see how she should beat either Sara or Michelle, and yet it might have happened.

I think as far as "player returns from being voted out" mechanics go, redemption island was a much better idea than the edge of extinction. At least on redemption you had to keep winning as you made your way through, giving a huge advantage to players who recently got voted out. As for edge, the advantage went to players who had been there the longest. No way does Nick or Denise pick up that many fire tokens. The only issue was redemption island though was that it sucked up so much airtime - you needed to have another challenge each and every episode.

Happy that Tony was able to win. Either him or Sara would have made a fitting champion.
Last edited by: timbasile: May 14, 20 18:20
Quote Reply

Prev Next