Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2020 Trek Domane Disc [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only because the shop I was at suggested that since I'm almost 44 I might want a more "plush" ride. I kinda found that ood.

I certainly didn't mean to offend you. Sorry if I did. I am leaning towards the emomda, but still waiting for the chance to ride it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Trek Domane Disc [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem, I was just yanking your chain a little.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you see above again I have both the Madone and Domane in matching paint jobs.

As I continue to compile miles on each I find that I prefer the Domane in almost all situations. I like the Madone when trying to go very fast. It begs to go fast and I swear it becomes even happier at speeds above 50...mph.

I'm 42, but am now knocking on 14,000 miles ridden in 2020. I still like long and low. I can't get the Domane as low as the Madone, but it's a more comfortable setup. Again....it's real hard to extrapolate speed difference between the full aero Madone and semi-aero Domane. They are that close.

Both incredible rides, both take big tires relatively speaking. That 41 actual on the Domane is wonderful on about any gravel and yes I've even been known to ride the Madone over B road gravel from time to time. I ride the crap out of my bikes. Period :)

In ~1 month I'll be attempting a 3 peat of the 240 mile gravel race Day Across Minnesota. All Domane for that :)

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Trek Domane Disc [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
If you see above again I have both the Madone and Domane in matching paint jobs.

As I continue to compile miles on each I find that I prefer the Domane in almost all situations. I like the Madone when trying to go very fast. It begs to go fast and I swear it becomes even happier at speeds above 50...mph.

I'm 42, but am now knocking on 14,000 miles ridden in 2020. I still like long and low. I can't get the Domane as low as the Madone, but it's a more comfortable setup. Again....it's real hard to extrapolate speed difference between the full aero Madone and semi-aero Domane. They are that close.

Both incredible rides, both take big tires relatively speaking. That 41 actual on the Domane is wonderful on about any gravel and yes I've even been known to ride the Madone over B road gravel from time to time. I ride the crap out of my bikes. Period :)

In ~1 month I'll be attempting a 3 peat of the 240 mile gravel race Day Across Minnesota. All Domane for that :)

Thanks for the info. Pretty cool race you are looking to do. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Anybody else have any more info? I'm considering this as well...

I'm riding a 2018 domaine SL 6 disc (possibly a 2019, im not sure) with 36 tires and haven't any problems on my gravel rides.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply

Prev Next