Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Maverick Wetsuits
Quote | Reply
Going to buy my first wetsuit and noticed Roka has a 30% off coupon so I figure now is a good time. Which wetsuit would you all recommend, the Maverick MX ($495) or Maverick Comp II ($350). I plan on keeping this wetsuit till after the 2021 Tulsa Ironman, in between now and then I will be doing 2-3 70.3 races. In your opinion is it worth paying the extra for the MX? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Wetsuits [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoonerBorn wrote:
Going to buy my first wetsuit and noticed Roka has a 30% off coupon so I figure now is a good time. Which wetsuit would you all recommend, the Maverick MX ($495) or Maverick Comp II ($350). I plan on keeping this wetsuit till after the 2021 Tulsa Ironman, in between now and then I will be doing 2-3 70.3 races. In your opinion is it worth paying the extra for the MX? Thanks.

Personally no., the comp is good enough! Not sure what you have now but you will be faster for sure. Its the best wetsuit out there
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Wetsuits [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
SoonerBorn wrote:

Personally no., the comp is good enough! Not sure what you have now but you will be faster for sure. Its the best wetsuit out there[/quote]

Kind of an odd statement. You have no idea what his/her current wetsuit is, how it fits, or how the roka will fit him/her. And how is a Roka $350 wetsuit 'the best wetsuit out there'??
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Mar 31, 20 12:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The comp2 is a good suit I like the pro1 better though. Don’t know the MX.
The more expensive they are the fragiler they get.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Wetsuits [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Taren just reviewed pretty much the entire Roka lineup. He gives good info on the Comp vs MX, along with how they stack up against the Pro and X.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to the source: call Roka and ask for their recommendation. I have found them to be very helpful and not try to push you into their most expensive model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerBorn wrote:

Don't worry so much about a deal. All of the wetsuit companies do this anyway. Most important thing is to get a wetsuit that fits. I wrote an article many moons ago on what to look for as a first time wetsuit buyer - I think you would find it pretty helpful. Here is a link to if you are interested. Also BlueSeventy is always running a deal too.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply