Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Workout for Tendon Strengthening, I'm 63
Quote | Reply
It's been recently suggested to me as a 63 year-old, given a history of one injury about every 6 months including hip adductor / hamstring pull / calf strain / patellar tendon, that I should doing exercises to strength my tendons and worry less about muscles. I started with 1-legged squats on a declined plane (slow on the eccentric/down) for the patellar injury and it works great. But the body has a thousand tendons!!

How can I put together a short workout that would strengthen the critical tendons? Should it be periodized like {45 minutes every-other day only for 6 weeks every year} OR {twice a week for 10 minutes throughout the year}? More time needed?

I'd like to keep it to 5 exercises.
Quote Reply
Re: Workout for Tendon Strengthening, I'm 63 [lombardi3g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS My garage concrete floor is too slippery for many exercises and my exercise mat is too small for things like burpees or my back workout routine. For $100 I could buy a mat that is 8ft by 4ft and 2" thick but that seems too soft (more for gymnastics?). I think I need like a yoga mat that is 8 by 4 or bigger - any leads?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is some good information here: LINK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your tendons have minimal blood supply. So how do you strengthen them?

I like TRX training for strength, mobility and stability. Start easy as the tissues around the joints are limiting factors. A trainer is a good way to go as proper form is key. You’ll save yourself several months of less than efficient training.

Dr Jay
http://www.Tri-Pod.net
Quote Reply