Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Taupo 2020 champs - prediction will be cancelled [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bjorn, if you want an apology here it is, "I am sorry if I categorized Swedes as a country that might be able to generally band together for a common goal better than anglophone countries, especially Americans, and I am sorry for categorizing American society generally valuing individualism and capital market success more than other countries".

I think both of us can agree that it would be awesome if the world situation gets better to the point that there can be an Ironman worlds and Ironman70.3 worlds late this year. That would be 10000000% better than the doom and gloom generally floating around going into April 1st. How ironic given that the world situation is not an April 1st joke.
Quote Reply
Re: Taupo 2020 champs - prediction will be cancelled [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not necessary and that wasn't what we were discussing. The part I thought was condescending and a bit off was implying a country is made up of people not thinking/questioning and only following. But I think that discussion is done at this point with nothing more to say.

And yes, I certainly hope things start getting back to normal and that people get to do some races once everything have settled down.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Last edited by: bjorn: Mar 31, 20 20:38
Quote Reply
Re: Taupo 2020 champs - prediction will be cancelled [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bjorn wrote:
That's not necessary and that wasn't what we were discussing. The part I thought was condescending and a bit off was implying a country is made up of people not thinking/questioning and only following. But I think that discussion is done at this point with nothing more to say.

And yes, I certainly hope things start getting back to normal and that people get to do some races once everything have settled down.

That's interesting. I was actually trying to point out positive aspects of both societies not talking down or condescending on either side. Its crazy on the internet even with people you know when you are trying to say something positive on each side and people get angry about it becasue they read negativity into it.

Anyway, another round of apologies to clear it up and let's hope between all this distancing and business slowdown we buy time for vaccines to be developed so the world can get back to business. Or we'll just all get exposed to this and once that is done (after a way too long time) those that live will get back to business. Hopefully the vaccine option happens first.
Quote Reply

Prev Next