Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your BTA setup [tileman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it. I’ve tried a few and settled on the Speedfil.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:
Is it a 3D printed container?

If your referring to the rear mounted unit I posted the no. Its a piece of ABS plastic I heated up to bend around a aluminium tube and the trimmed to size. If your referring to something else in the thread my bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [dave_o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer them below my aerobars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updates. Nearly finished. Its DIY I'll admit but still happy.

Cheaper than a new bike!

A bit of trimming needed round the wheel and then I'll try and find some matt carbon vinyl wrap. Hopefully it'll hold a 1.5 lt bladder although how much I fill it will depend on the event. Next is connecting the hose although I'll be changing a cockpit over first.

Last edited by: tileman: Apr 5, 20 5:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the same situation as you. Had the comp mounted on top of the bottle on a Speedfil Z4(similar to the Xlab Compact) on my old setup. When building my new rig, wanted the comp further forward and up closer to my line of sight. so i went with the 76project Modular TT Mount.

Below is another experiment am trying now to bring the comp even closer to the tips of the extension into my line of sight. However, as my face is very close to tip of the extension, the comp ends up only 60-80mm from my face. The difficulty is now for my eyes to adjust their focus from the road ahead to the comp screens that is so close to my face. May just go back to the original default and live with averting my eyes down whenever i glance at my comp.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In regards to the computer mount solutions/ideas.

During a race do people use a watch as well or both units?

Hence do the latest gen Garmin ANT+ speed/cadence units, work with both watches and bike computers at the same time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The latest Garmin devices can "clone" the data from for example your watch to the computer right in front of you. In all honesty I don't see the point except for having all data on one device. An additional downside is the that the Fenix 5s plus doesn't manage to go the full distance (9h41 IM), so I decided to split the activity on multiple devices. The swim-T1 on the Fenix, cycle on a Edge 130 and the run on the Fenix again.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just uploaded this setup in another thread:
Tririg Alpha X bars with Kappa cage and Profile design HC bottle and a Camelbak bite valve on the straw. Since I'm running a narrow setup on the pads, I needed to add a space between the bottle cage and bars. Here it's a 3D printed aero profile that puts the bottle cage 10mm higher. The computer mount is a CNC cut aluminium strip with a Garmin quarter turn mount screwed on. Given the limited space out front I decided to buy a Garmin Edge 130 in stead of the Edge 810 I run on my road bike. The cord still needs some adjustment, but for now it's rather safe than sorry.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bit late to the party.

I've got the basic Wahoo TT mount on the extensions right beneath where my hands go, perfect spot to glance down at without getting in the way. I've moved the bottle cage further back, using the threaded bosses built into my Tririg Sigma XF. One downside - cage goes in "backwards" with the bottle inserted from the rider-side, rather than the front. This is partly because I have ski-bends fitted in reverse. It's not a big deal at all.

The little aero spacers under the cage lift the bottle up so it sits between my arms/elbows, and also they are red.

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tileman wrote:

I don’t have a computer on my bike due to lack of space, so just use Garmin 900XT. Problem is I have to turn my wrist to check the speed and time. On top of that, if you have a polarized goggles, you have to turn it to a certain angle to look at it clearly. It’s not convenient at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
tileman wrote:

I don’t have a computer on my bike due to lack of space, so just use Garmin 900XT. Problem is I have to turn my wrist to check the speed and time. On top of that, if you have a polarized goggles, you have to turn it to a certain angle to look at it clearly. It’s not convenient at all.

I'd never thought about the glare/angle issue. Thats worth noting. Thankfully space is something I have.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I see your bike I wonder what's point of having anything new... Love it!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some more DIY.

Still have to trim the aluminium sheet which is easy enough. Happy enough though. The bottle mount can be moved rearwards 10 or 20mm and obviously rotated.

Last edited by: tileman: Apr 9, 20 6:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Last edited by: johnnyyd: Apr 9, 20 10:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer the under mount

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Last edited by: johnnyyd: Apr 9, 20 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your BTA setup [johnnyyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next