Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover
Quote | Reply
Did a little rework on my front.I use Profile design arm cups ,I had them in the real narrow position but could not fit a bottle.
Moved them out one position to fit a bottle.I added a piece of CF to give more support under the cups and mounting for the cage and computer mount.
Earlier I got the 10degree mount from a guy on UK TT site.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love your set up. Good use of down time. I have Cerverlo P2 and similar front set up like yours but with a Torpedo bottle. I've been upgrading my bike as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great! I just installed my 15 degree wedges from him, and they are very nicely done.

I take it you used the carbon plate to help brace the outside of the arm cups?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get your wedges?

A word of warning.

I have now bought two sets from the UK from different suppliers and both are just 3D printed plastic. I have a Zipp basebar and it specifies 4nm of torque on the armrests - unfortunately these plastic wedges cannot take 4nm, both versions started to deform at 3nm. Meaning they were useless, because with only 3nm of torque the elbow rests tend to rotate when you hit a bump in the road! Trying to get to 4nm of torque both just squish and actually will not tighten to 4nm, because the material just squishes as you tighten beyond 3nm, never actually reaching 4nm!

So now I am waiting for the new Wattshop rests that come with the angle built in to the elbow rests - these look a very good option for me, when they become available at the end of March.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you put some spacers underneath your cage mount to raise it up you will be able to bring your armpads back in closer again to your preferred fit.

Nice base mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re taking about the angled wedges that only angle up the arm pads, yah?

The OP and I both have angled wedges which go under the extensions, and angle up both the extension and pad together. They are CNC’d aluminum and very well made.

If you need angled wedges for your arm cups, get the ones from Revolver in the UK. They are aluminum, and have 2 sets of bolt holes so your bolt will be screwed in at the correct angle. The 3D printed version will either bend the bolt or damage the threads you screw into because the bolt goes in at a slight angle.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Looks great! I just installed my 15 degree wedges from him, and they are very nicely done.

I take it you used the carbon plate to help brace the outside of the arm cups?

Yes it’s necessary nice and solid.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
If you put some spacers underneath your cage mount to raise it up you will be able to bring your armpads back in closer again to your preferred fit.

Or you can use a heat gun to bend the base mount, so water bottle can go lower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [Stickman17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That elite bottle definitely fits well in there but is there a way to refill it or anything? It seems like once you empty it you're stuck with nothing up front.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 TT front end slight makeover [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, I stick to sprint/olymipc distance races only so this set up works well for that. I'm sure if you wanted to get fancy you could probably get creative with some silicone and the cap from a smaller aero bottle and rig something up. But that sounds like a project for someone else :)
Quote Reply