Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

World slots 70.3
Quote | Reply
So might as well keep the speculation up :)

I'm registered for AC 70.3 in mid september. I'm still training as if it is going to happen. It's very possible it is my first tri of the season, but that will be the case for many people.

I'm wondering what the general consensus is on how world slots will work. I think they originally said that 40 slots would be available. Do you think that late season races (if races happen) will get more spots for 2021 70.3 worlds?

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Re: World slots 70.3 [gregkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just going to give slots to anybody who's still alive and have money to pay fee and travel expenses. And what they're going to do with remaining slots? I don't know, probably they'll have to run a smaller race.
Quote Reply
Re: World slots 70.3 [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that some of the 'lost' slots are being allocated through their new virtual race series.

However, there is a huge question as to if we will be back to international travel by then. NZ has just gone into full national lockdown for the next 4 weeks minimum. One of the reasons we've done this so early ('only' 205 cases nationally) is because almost all these cases (201) are from people flying into NZ with it having caught overseas. I don't want to be too much of a doom and gloom monger, but I'd be shocked if the border policy changed to be open to tourist visitors before a vaccine was available, and that's not likely to be by November.

Don't get me wrong, train hard, get race ready for the qualifier, but I'd not spend too much time planning your pre/post race sightseeing just yet. May need to be thinking about the 70.3 worlds in NZ in 2022 (2021 already allocated)....
Quote Reply