Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills
Quote | Reply
Asking in general not that there would be any incentives as they’re not competing now. But is it basically a free for all now a days?
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why wouldn't this be true at all other times? mostly, an athlete's time is spent NOT racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will certainly be no testing right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I am! /pink.
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
why wouldn't this be true at all other times? mostly, an athlete's time is spent NOT racing.

because normally, there is at least the threat of random out of competition testing (for sports that actually care).

yes, with a sustained period of no chance of being tested there is the potential to take liberties. i think though that most drugs serve more to enhance your work capacity than in and of themselves deliver benefits so for many who are not really able to train the benefit may not be there. of course that just furthers the already uneven playing field - some can train on juice whereas others are unable to train at all.

hopefully the juice supply chain has been disrupted by covid so not an option
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If ibuprofen can supercharge/mutate Covid 19, I wonder what actual steroids would do.

I’m not a scientist, but seems like a particularly stupid time to disrupt your physiology.
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
If ibuprofen can supercharge/mutate Covid 19, I wonder what actual steroids would do.

I’m not a scientist, but seems like a particularly stupid time to disrupt your physiology.

Do you think most dopers care about what they are doing to their bodies? They just want to do anything they can to get an edge/go faster.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Waingro wrote:

Do you think most dopers care about what they are doing to their bodies? They just want to do anything they can to get an edge/go faster.

Generally this is true, except that if you're dead, you're not going to be going faster ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Mar 24, 20 17:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were kind of discussing this at work this morning. We are a defense contractor so we are running full tilt in an otherwise shuttered area. We all come to work, bring our lunch, go straight home, and stay there until the next morning. Lots of disposable income.

I made the comment that it was time for "hookers and blow" and someone commented that the random drug tests are probably a thing of the past for the next few months.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
We were kind of discussing this at work this morning. We are a defense contractor so we are running full tilt in an otherwise shuttered area. We all come to work, bring our lunch, go straight home, and stay there until the next morning. Lots of disposable income.

I made the comment that it was time for "hookers and blow" and someone commented that the random drug tests are probably a thing of the past for the next few months.

Somehow I really doubt your comment triggered thoughts among your coworkers of using drugs to fuel a competitive edge in athletics...just sayin'...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Asking in general not that there would be any incentives as they’re not competing now. But is it basically a free for all now a days?

With no races in the imminent future what is the net gain to start doping? There was a greater reason before the corona
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
With no races in the imminent future what is the net gain to start doping? There was a greater reason before the corona

It has been argued (proven?) here that the training effects one gets when on drugs have some longer-lasting effects. Seems like the perfect time to start doping if that's true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a few weeks ago UKAD actually made a public announcement notifying their athletes that they will not be doing any random testing, basically letting them know they were free to do whatever they wanted.
Just win us some medals Aye!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would imply permission. They don't.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With everything else going on I don't really care much. I think the poachers with be super active this spring too.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Defense contractors are randomly drug tested weekly.

Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allegedly. I've been at the same company for 15 years... Haven't been tested yet. One, if my direct reports has been tested in tye last 5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Do athletes have a green light to Juice to the Gills [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No allegedly here. They show up with a list of SSNs and you have to go. They get the results while you are washing your hands.

Quote Reply