Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lockdown - Suggestion on Indoor Cycling Workouts
Quote | Reply
Now that my place has implemented lockdown, we are not allowed to go out (not even running or cycling alone). That leaves me with plenty of time doing indoor rides (i.e 6 times a week). Since most of my races have also been cancelled, I don't really have a target right now.

What would be the best way to train? Should I use this time to do more low-intensity base training (around 70% of FTP), or incorporate more Sweet Spot (90% FTP), tempo works? Objective is to maintain, if not increase fitness and will be able to get back to where I was after the lock-down is lifted. Running will be another story though
Quote Reply
Re: Lockdown - Suggestion on Indoor Cycling Workouts [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One tempo/sweet spot based workout(4x10, 2x20, 3x20, 2x30 etc) st 85%-90% of threshold, one vo2 max based workout (30/30, 45/15, or something like 2-3 min at 112% or so of threshold), and all the rest easy aerobic z1/z2. Work on extending the duration you can ride at tempo without seeing a significant increase in heart rate, basically for each type of workout first try to increase the duration in zone as they get easier, then increase the intensity
Quote Reply
Re: Lockdown - Suggestion on Indoor Cycling Workouts [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much of %FTP is considered tempo in your case? I still have trouble keeping my HR down when riding at 75% FTP, it will creep up to over 150bpm. Should I do more lower intensity at longer duration, say, <70% FTP at >60 mins consistently?
Quote Reply