Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lock down
Quote | Reply
UKs locking down for 3 weeks, after a week of total D1ckheads not following Gov advice to keep apart.
All shops except food, essentials and medicines to shut.
Can go out for food, work (if you can't work from home) , medical appointments, and can excercise solo (or with someone from your household ) once a day.

So my dog at least get a long walk each day. Or a run or a bike if Mrs takes the dawg.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar where I am in Texas. The county where I work issued a shelter in place order today. The county where I live (different) is expected to issue a similar order tomorrow. Some other surrounding counties (but some not) have or are issuing similar orders. My place of work is part of the "critical infrastructure" list. So, I'm still in the office. We recieved our official "hall-pass" letters today to let us out on the roads.

"Dear law enforment..."
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you stay well, whilst keeping things working over there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lock-down but still allow to workout once a day? At my place, we are not even allowed to go for a jog alone.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks:( Where is this? And what happens if you do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Denver and Boulder are headed this way at 5pm tomorrow. Denver has said it could issue tickets for those disobeying orders.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Denver and Boulder are headed this way at 5pm tomorrow. Denver has said it could issue tickets for those disobeying orders.

There are an awful lot of exceptions in the Mayor’s order, though...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do they know if you go outside to exercise more than once per day? Mark you will chalk or something?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:
How do they know if you go outside to exercise more than once per day? Mark you will chalk or something?

they don’t unless a police officer somehow notices you twice a day. They really don’t have the resources to enforce it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does a brick count as one or two workouts?

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
sch340 wrote:

they don’t unless a police officer somehow notices you twice a day. They really don’t have the resources to enforce it.

Here in France the rule goes as follows: you are allowed to go out once a day for a physical activity but on your own, not for more than an hour and only within a 1k radius from your home.

You need to carry a document stating the reasons why you are out, with the time you left home. Police fines people with a €135 ticket (already more than 100k people got fined!)

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar situation for me. The county where my office is located (Harris County, which includes Houston) is about to issue a stay at home order, but I live in a much less densely populated county (Brazoria County). Brazoria hasn’t issued any lockdown order and I think it’ll be a while if / before they do that.

So today will be the last day I go into my office in Houston for a while, but I have no restrictions where I live in Pearland, south of Houston.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
mickison wrote:
sch340 wrote:

Here in France the rule goes as follows: you are allowed to go out once a day for a physical activity but on your own, not for more than an hour and only within a 1k radius from your home.

You need to carry a document stating the reasons why you are out, with the time you left home. Police fines people with a €135 ticket (already more than 100k people got fined!)

That's a really good point. In the UK there is no declaration document like there is in some countries. We just started this lock down because the feeling and reporting was that people weren't taking the more relaxed social distancing seriously enough. If people don't take this seriously then that sort of document could be the next step. But the carrot is if it helps then it might be relaxed in some way later.

What happens is a constant flow of news stories reinforcing the idea to be responsible. There are social pressures to be a responsible person. Places are quiet outside so individuals stand out more. Police are few and far between because of years of cut backs but do you want to be the person who is seen to flout the rules?
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
mickison wrote:
sch340 wrote:

I should definitely qualify my statement as specifically for US. It would be challenging to say the least to enforce such restrictions in the US. potentially at a local level to some degree but even that would be challenging. At a national level, no way.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I just saw the press release and it looks like cycling is still okay.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:

A brick is continous workout, especially if the transition is quick.

So yes one workout
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Essentially the same rules here in Oregon, USA; governor finally made the call Monday morning (03/23). We live pretty rural, so no issues with outdoor running...we're still on Zwift indoors. Haven't had pool access for two weeks since the local university shuttered it's doors, but that's for the best. I'll just backstroke for my first race of the year in June. ;)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [OtterJohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
June ? Not in England then.
I'm told British Triathlon Federationis pulling all race permits until the end of June.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
June is probably wishful thinking, but it's my first race of the year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in the Midwest of USA, our governor sent this out yesterday:
“The Gov. issued a stay-at-home order on Monday, which goes into effect Tuesday just before midnight and lasts until April 6.
Essential employees, including healthcare workers, grocery and transit workers among others, can leave their home. Residents can leave their home to exercise, the governor said.
The governor added that the National Guard is not assisting with enforcing the order, but it is assisting in the distribution of hospital supplies the state receives.”
We live in a university town, which changed to online (zoom) classes a few weeks ago so non-local students left, which means the town is down ~20-25% of the population. I ran with the pup this morn, saw 1 other person from 30ft away. Tomorrow’s forecast is sunny & mid-60s. May go for a solo ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:

Strava, obviously.

Jokes aside my private swim club said any social media posts showing swimming at the club will result in loss of membership.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In some places they are using Strava to catch people.
Quote Reply
Re: Lock down [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowboy7 wrote:
LEBoyd wrote:

A brick is continous workout, especially if the transition is quick.

So yes one workout

I should have put a smiley face on the question. It was a joke :-}

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We still have zero cases in our county or in any of the adjoining counties. At my workplace, we're about as isolated as it gets. We have required all workers who would normally commute from Nashville to stay home. With them gone, my nearest co-worker's desk is over 50 feet away. There are only three co-workers within 100 yards.

But our state's governor has put out a draft stay-at-home. Even if he enacts it, we are (somewhat bafflingly) an "essential industry." We would remain open.

We manufacture recycling equipment. I cannot imagine why we are considered to be essential . . . but I won't complain. I like receiving a paycheck. But since most of the people we do business with are closed (located in California, British Columbia, Washington, etc.), it has been a very, very slow week.
Last edited by: FlashBazbo: Mar 24, 20 14:14
Quote Reply