Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

has anyone had any luck...
Quote | Reply
getting into a closed out race?

true to my nature, i screwed around too long and got shut out of a race i was banking on (eagleman). i've emailed one of the contacts on the website asking if i could be put on any sort of 'waiting list', and perhaps fill the spot of a withdrawing entrant. i was suprised to actually get a reply with the basic message saying, 'well maybe.... just sit tight'. this was about a month and a half ago. i recently tried the squeeky-wheel thing with a follow-up email, but haven't heard back.

has anyone ever been 'wait listed' like this? has it ever worked? my dilemma is that my back-up option (tin-man) is filling up fast, so i've gotta act soon or risk getting blanked on both fronts. however if i had even a shred of hope of getting into eagleman, i'd roll the dice and wait on definitive word (my sister lives in md. so i'd have a place to stay... plus get credit for a visit).

any thoughts?

(also, i'm WAY too poor for a community slot thing)
Quote Reply
Re: has anyone had any luck... [slow leak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year, due to shoulder surgery, I withdrew from Eagleman and rolled it forword to this year so somebody did get in in my place, but if I were you I wouldn't count on it. I know someone who was on the wait list for Columbia a few years ago and never got in. They're not just going to ad people at the last minute. Chaulk it up, and enter your other race right now before it too fills up and you will be out of luck again. And please, go visit your sister, she misses you ! Good luck

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: has anyone had any luck... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, thats probably the way i gotta go. besides, getting my ass handed to me on tinman hills will at least give me an excuse for my poor time. the flat egalman course makes my slow times look suspiciously as though it were my own fault. thats no good...

yes, gotta go see the sis more often. maybe i'll jump in columbia (if THATs not filled yet)
Quote Reply