Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT Computer help
Quote | Reply
Using Firefox. is there a way I can find out when (ie day/time) a specific webpage was viewed?

When I go to "Tools" then "page info" I get the date last modified but I'd like to see a history of when it was viewed not just the last time.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: OT Computer help [kac94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Using Firefox. is there a way I can find out when (ie day/time) a specific webpage was viewed?

When I go to "Tools" then "page info" I get the date last modified but I'd like to see a history of when it was viewed not just the last time.

Thanks
Page view information is a function of the Web server hosting the page, not an attribute of the page itself, and would have to be explicitly made available for you to see it. That being said, there are functions that can be placed on the page itself that can record this information and make it available. The last modified date is an attribute of the page (or can be).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: OT Computer help [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's no log on my computer as to when a page was viewed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
there's no log on my computer as to when a page was viewed?

Is your computer the Web server (meaning it hosts the application that provides the Web page to browsers)?

Or are you asking about when you viewed a particular page hosted anywhere, and not when anyone viewed that particular page?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you might want to try this firefox extension

http://www.kenschutte.com/slogger

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
long story short, my babysitter houses at for us this weekend. she wasn't supposed to have anyone stay over with her. someone viewd facebook.com as it is on my browser history. (and the name that is in the log in is not hers)

want to see when it was viewed - if they checked at 8pm I'm not so concerned but if it was viewed at 8am then I'll be a little pissed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to your temporary internet files and look for files with facebook.com on them. They should be time/date stamped. You can also open the browser history window, right click on the facebook.com url, and see "last visited".

Edit: Oops...didn't see that you were using Firefox. Not sure if either of these would work for that or not (they will for IE).
Last edited by: peter826: Feb 15, 06 7:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
long story short, my babysitter houses at for us this weekend. she wasn't supposed to have anyone stay over with her. someone viewd facebook.com as it is on my browser history. (and the name that is in the log in is not hers)

want to see when it was viewed - if they checked at 8pm I'm not so concerned but if it was viewed at 8am then I'll be a little pissed

(I have Firefox at home, so I can't verify)

I'm pretty sure that Firefox maintains a history of all pages viewed, along with when the page was last loaded. Look for History under View or something.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think you can go back and look, only the "last visited" info is available by default. I haven't tried it, but the slogger firefox extension I posted above looks like it might do the trick for you for logging future accesses.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ken, I think he needs a complete history, not just the last view.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: OT Computer help [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ken, I think he needs a complete history, not just the last view.

Serves me right for shooting from the hip.

Sounds like he needs a new babysitter. What's facebook.com?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: OT Computer help [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes history not last viewed as last viewed was me this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Search your computer for all files modified during the time you were away. You should be able to get an idea of what was viewed when by looking at this. Cookies, temp internet files, etc, will show you when the computer was turned on and in use.
Quote Reply