Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
I donā€™t think it matters. Youā€™ll surely get opinions on the forum but more than likely theyā€™ll be evenly split. Iā€™d go with the one on sale!

The 4 & 5 were neither the light nor squishy Clifton we had all fell in love with (more like a Bondi). He should definitely get the 6 even though theyā€™re not on sale yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Sean. Iā€™ve worn most of the series...the 5, while comfy, is the heaviest. I havenā€™t tried the 6 but from all the reports/reviews Iā€™ve see it looks like theyā€™ve reduced the weight on the 6. Iā€™ll be picking up a pair myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I bought the Clifton 6 and so far so good. I have done a short 10k run and really like them. Right now I am resisting the urge to buy another pair. If it goes well I will try the Rincon next...if I don't do the Zoom Fly 3. Thanks everyone!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not trying to hijab, but am hoping for a little advice on Hokas. I have wide feet (4E) that are also thick. I have to use lydiard lacing otherwise I canā€™t tie shoes loose enough to run in comfortably (feet go numb). Iā€™ve been buying ASICS in 4E for 10 years and they typically work. Iā€™m hesitant to try new brands because it has always gone bad (blisters, feet burn like hell from not fitting in the shoe) and turned out to be a waste of money. Iā€™m getting more prone to foot/knee discomfort when I run - age I guess. Iā€™ve been considering trying Hokas. Can anyone offer input on the wide Hokas? Are they actually wide or are they just a little wider than a shoe model that runs narrow.

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [TurtleMan77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once anecdote here, but I've flipped between normal and wide shoes (feet slightly wider but most shoes work fine), and just bought a pair of Clifton 6s. First couple runs on the treadmill felt great, no complaints. Between 3-6 miles ea. First road run had a hotspot develop within 2 miles on the left instep. Long linear friction point with the inside of the insole. Googling seems to turn up similar results with people finding it gets better after breaking them in or replacing insole with a lower profile one.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds just like me... I bought the Clifton 6s and loved them. 2 weeks later I managed to convince myself to buy another pair and went with the Rincons. They are noticeably less soft (even though the Hoka website marks both of them with the same cushioning level on their scale), but still very comfortable (and significantly lighter!!). My plan is to use the Cliftons for my long runs and easy runs, and use the Rincons for fast interval runs and tempo runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is exactly what I am thinking!šŸ˜

Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have seen where shoe review folks are testing a Clifton 7, so hopefully those come out soon and the 6 will go on sale. Iā€™ll stock up then.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better...I have noticed some places running 30% of here in the Nordics on some Clifton 6 models.

Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [TurtleMan77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Altra shoes with the wide toe box?
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking of trying Hoka [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Have you tried Altra shoes with the wide toe box?

No, I havenā€™t. Iā€™ll take a look.
Quote Reply

Prev Next