Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman VR Series [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this question has been asked but is there a schedule somewhere as to which distance they pick each week?

From the looks of it they're only really announcing 1 week in advance. I'd like to be able to treat this like an A race with a proper build and taper cycle, especially if now it's a more legit competition. Looking for a 70.3 distance to do it in and want to know which weekend (probably in July) to aim for.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Series [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure, but next week is a 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Series [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See my reply earlier, now that we know VR9 is a 70.3, we can assume that ever second week is a 5150, every other week alternates between sprint and 70.3
So VR9/13/17 will be 70.3
Well, that is my guess, and no-one seems to have come up with a better theory
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So why does Ironman not have an Ironman distance VR? I feel like its because none of the pros want to ride 112 indoors, I would love it though.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Series [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Slowman was referring another possible change to the challenger series as well, all 3 legs in under 12hours.
Now I don't know about you, but I have never finished an IM in sub12. (I know, get good, stop eating, train 30h a week, wake up and train at 0330, I must not want it enough ad nauseam)
Ignoring that, if they don't give a few weeks notice, how many people are going to go and run a marathon for kicks one random weekend, without half training for it for longer than a week?
(And Rouvy don't have a 112mile ride yet in the AR section, so people on the beta and free accounts can't ride them, if I am reading the terms and conditions correctly)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t gone back and looked at the article but thought the 12hr time limit was for the 70.3 distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Series [rsbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsbe wrote:
I haven’t gone back and looked at the article but thought the 12hr time limit was for the 70.3 distance.

That was my understanding as well, since they (to date) haven't had any full-distance events.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Series [OtterJohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OtterJohn wrote:
rsbe wrote:

That was my understanding as well, since they (to date) haven't had any full-distance events.

So looking through the requirements for VR9, in Challenger mode (ie, the , you must be outside for the run, and outside or Rouvy for the bike), they have not added in the requirements of a 12hr limit, they still use the same statement of
"Activities don’t necessarily have to be consecutive but can be done with a lapse of time in between."
Quote Reply

Prev Next