Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SPOILER: What you should know about God
Quote | Reply
I had to put this in as a spoiler because some of you may not want to know the information posted below.

After an exhaustive search spanning several thousand years, the results are now in.

THERE IS NO GOD! Get over it.
Quote Reply
Re: SPOILER: What you should know about God [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh . . . yeah.

What's your beef with putting "SPOILER" in the thread title? Fingers too tired for all the extra letters, or what?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After an exhaustive search spanning several thousand years, the results are now in.

Wow, thanks for saving me all the time with my own investigation. I had concluded there was a loving and just God who created the world, and that the bible is indeed his Word but I can once and for all dismiss that because of your exhaustive search.

I guess thanks are in order.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a Christian version of a fatwa? Tri2 has a call waiting on line one from somebody named Benedict, or Joe Ratz-whatsits. Wants to discuss this whole denial trip he's on ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Re: SPOILER: What you should know about God [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy did you get it wrong, Casey! Next time, do an exhaustive search! What were you thinking? ;-)

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: SPOILER: What you should know about God [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy did you get it wrong, Casey! Next time, do an exhaustive search! What were you thinking? ;-)

That's the beauty of the Lavender Room. I don't have to think anymore, it's all done for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no such thing as thinking. Get over it!

T.
Quote Reply
Re: SPOILER: What you should know about God [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no such thing as thinking. Get over it!

I think you're right.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's amazing how much time non-believers spend talking about God and starting discussions involving God, that are only meant to upset people.

It's also amazing how bitter some non-believers seem to be towards something they view to not exist.

Why?

As I have repeatedly pointed out, at ST believers are not starting daily (or even weekly) threads about some do-gooder in the church, more evidence for God, etc. It seems that the mere fact that believers are breathing upsets certain non-believers.

ALL people need to practice what they preach regarding fair treatment and tolerance.

In the end, I guess I gave you what you wanted. I spent a few minutes of my life reading the post and responding to it. Now, that you're satisfied .... go have a smoke, and relax.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: SPOILER: What you should know about God [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's also amazing how bitter some non-believers seem to be towards something they view to not exist."

Not bitter, just amused. It's too bad some can't enjoy the humor. But at least you're not letting this thread prompt you to storm embassies and kill infidels.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It's also amazing how bitter some non-believers seem to be towards something they view to not exist."

It was meant to be humorous. Apparently you didn't get it.

Don
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was meant to be humorous. Apparently you didn't get it.

I figured it was more to "get people's goat" about "Spoilergate 2006". I knew it wasn't a serious post, but I didn't see the point.

Why do you hate spoliers?

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Why do you hate spoliers?"

Here's what I wrote on another thread.

I really don't care if I learn what happened at the Olympics ahead of the telecast. I think the spoiler whiners should not come to a site where such things may be inadvertantly made public. The whiners can control whether or not the info gets to them before they want it, but instead they want to control the behavior of other people. I don't think it's right for people to very purposely disclose the results just to piss the whiners off, but I also don't think it's right to denigrate some people for making an honest mistake when they are excited about certain events and want to show their enthusiasm.

Don
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Why do you hate spoliers?"

The "Why do you hate XXXXXX" comments are just meant to be an off-handed, tongue-in-cheek, over-estimation of sarcastic humor towards an issue. Meant to be humorous.

For example, when someone complains about GWBush, another will reply "Why do you hate freedom?". When someone provides evidence against the existence of God, or comments negatively about something religious, another will respond with "Why do you hate God?".

It's become a Lavendar Room cliche.

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Matt 28:7"

Why do you include this in your posts? Can you possibly see this is the kind of "in your face" posturing non-believers get hit with constantly? You made referrence to believers not constantly promoting their religion, but yet you feel a need to include this in all your posts. Do you think posting it as you do instead of writing the verse out is less annoying? Why not just write: "And go quickly, and tell his desciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee;there shall ye see him; lo, I have told you." Or however it is written in the version of the bible you use.

Don
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you possibly see this is the kind of "in your face" posturing non-believers get hit with constantly?

You're right. I don't see how you manage to bear up under the assault. It must be a real strain.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Matt 28:7"

Why do you include this in your posts? Can you possibly see this is the kind of "in your face" posturing non-believers get hit with constantly? You made referrence to believers not constantly promoting their religion, but yet you feel a need to include this in all your posts. Do you think posting it as you do instead of writing the verse out is less annoying? Why not just write: "And go quickly, and tell his desciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee;there shall ye see him; lo, I have told you." Or however it is written in the version of the bible you use.

Don

He got you to look it up, didn't he.

Probably mission accomplished....

To be truthful, it's a reminder to myself. That's why I did not write it out.

I have a natural tendency, an instinct perhaps, to act "unchristianly". It is easy for me to revert to talking about "unchristian" topics and to use "unchristian" language/behavior (or at least topics that many would view to be in opposition to christian values). I, internally, struggle with it.

So, to keep it short, (because no one other than me really cares), it is a reminder to myself to conduct myself (behavior) in ways that are congruent with my prophesed beliefs (something I have not always done at this site).

It would be a similar situation if I were to have a signature line about consistent, hard work & training. It would be a reminder to myself. So, my sig lines are almost always about a reminder to myself about an aspect of my life that I am working on.

Recently I was choosing between a sig line that involved education & compassion (I'm a teacher) and the Matt 28 verse that I chose. I chose the latter b/c I thgought it would be nice to remind myself of the reason for the Christian holiday that is approaching.

I do care whether others find God or not, but I also figure they've heard it a million times, are an adult, and have made their decision. It is not my job to beat a conversion into them. We're all big boys here.

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you include this in your posts? Can you possibly see this is the kind of "in your face" posturing non-believers get hit with constantly?

In your face? Are you kidding?

So, you write about how you have definitely found proof that God does not exist and proudly start a new thread, and then complain becomes someone uses a bible verse in their signature line and call it "in your face" posturing?

Please be kidding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good answer. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See post #11 in this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's amazing how much time non-believers spend talking about God and starting discussions involving God, that are only meant to upset people.

It's also amazing how bitter some non-believers seem to be towards something they view to not exist.

Why?

As I have repeatedly pointed out, at ST believers are not starting daily (or even weekly) threads about some do-gooder in the church, more evidence for God, etc. It seems that the mere fact that believers are breathing upsets certain non-believers.

ALL people need to practice what they preach regarding fair treatment and tolerance.

In the end, I guess I gave you what you wanted. I spent a few minutes of my life reading the post and responding to it. Now, that you're satisfied .... go have a smoke, and relax.
Quote Reply