Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon (and Duathlon!) Presented by COVID-19 [musselman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This rocks, thanks for doing this.
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon Presented by COVID-19 [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Thanks for doing this!

Can the race have a Du option? Many of us are in areas (NorCal, SeaTac, etc.) where all the pools are closed.

Our big race isn't until June (2k+ people) so we are still weighing our options, although we rolled out our first virtual event earlier this year before this craziness started. We were planning on launching our second virtual event in May and are going to convert it to a DU b/c people are going to find it hard to find pool access. I don't want to derail this thread, but PM me and I can let you know when we launch.
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon (and Duathlon!) Presented by COVID-19 [musselman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for putting this together!

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon Presented by COVID-19 [musselman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chose to do the Du this morning in one full effort, had a blast!! Thank you for doing this!!

Question: Did the map change so we can’t see where all the participants are from anymore?
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon Presented by COVID-19 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
this is the first of a number of these we'll be writing about. so, you're breaking ground here. i suspect when we're done we'll have a whole race season.

Rouvy Pro Tour De Suisse in case you hadn't seen it: https://blog.rouvy.com/.../THE-SWISS-DIGITAL-5
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon Presented by COVID-19 [musselman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is awesome! Are there any tri/du leaderboard webpages assembled yet?

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon Presented by COVID-19 [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
This is awesome! Are there any tri/du leaderboard webpages assembled yet?

I've put together the standings thus far (with three days remaining), but there aren't many results posted yet. SPOILER - do not click the following links if you don't want to know!

Triathlon: https://live.resport.io/...p?r=5423002908884992
Duathlon: https://live.resport.io/...p?r=5753014941908992

There are more people participating than this, but most haven't posted any results yet. Maybe waiting for the ice to thaw a bit more in Antarctica.

Co-Race Director: The Seneca7 (seneca7.com)
FLX Challenge (flxchallenge.com)
formerly: Musselman Triathlon
formerly: City of Portland Triathlon
formerly: Fly by Night Duathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ack! I'm registered, but had a super busy work week and totally forgot. But there is still time (for me) as I was planning a bike-run brick today. I can adjust that plan to be the correct mileage. Then, tomorrow, another 5k and I'll be done. THANKS for the reminder...

Edited a typo

Update - DONE and uploaded!
Last edited by: giorgitd: Mar 30, 20 15:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please switch my entry from the tri to the du? I just posted a run time in place of the swim and am assuming the distances were 3mi/20mi/3mi. If not, I will try to get a swim in later today but no guarantee. Thanks.

Ugh, edit, it looks like I was a tenth short on each run, (doh, my bad), so you can scratch my entry or adjust time based on pace, your call. Thanks again for putting this on. Cheers.
Last edited by: Route66: Mar 31, 20 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the 1st annual Slowtwitch Virtual Triathlon Presented by COVID-19 [Route66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Route66 wrote:
Can you please switch my entry from the tri to the du?

You're all set, I've made the switch. I'm going to announce a 2-week extension to the virtual race today; it looks like the original time frame was too tight (and swims are particularly difficult).

Co-Race Director: The Seneca7 (seneca7.com)
FLX Challenge (flxchallenge.com)
formerly: Musselman Triathlon
formerly: City of Portland Triathlon
formerly: Fly by Night Duathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next