Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strength and mobility exercises for running
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I am currently unable to work due to the shutdown so I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hands. I am focusing a lot on running and cycling as I might as well use this opportunity to make some improvements while also keeping myself sane. One thing I have really neglected with my training is flexibility and mobility exercises. I don’t have access to a gym right now but I have a 35lb kettle bell and some resistance bands at home. Does anybody have any links to some good YouTube vids or any online resources for exercises to improve mobility for running? Much appreciated!! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Strength and mobility exercises for running [Barberdolan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Ready State app is my go-to for mobility work. It has done incredible things for my body! You can filter by activity or area of pain. It is not run specific but it is a very effective guide to targeting areas of restricted mobility. For kettlebells anything by Pavel Tsatsouline and his site Strongfirst.com will have correct technique - he's credited with bringing the kettlebell to the US. Again, not run specific but kettlebell workouts do such a good job of strengthening the whole body in a balanced fashion that I have found them to be very valuable.
Quote Reply
Re: Strength and mobility exercises for running [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
east31 wrote:
The Ready State app is my go-to for mobility work. It has done incredible things for my body! You can filter by activity or area of pain. It is not run specific but it is a very effective guide to targeting areas of restricted mobility. For kettlebells anything by Pavel Tsatsouline and his site Strongfirst.com will have correct technique - he's credited with bringing the kettlebell to the US. Again, not run specific but kettlebell workouts do such a good job of strengthening the whole body in a balanced fashion that I have found them to be very valuable.

Awesome! Thanks so much for this.
Quote Reply
Re: Strength and mobility exercises for running [Barberdolan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. I have some simple workouts on pdf that I have been using with one of my athletes. He is working overseas and only has one kettlebell available for strength work. DM me you email if you want me to send them to you.
Quote Reply