Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

March 2020-now a bike focus
Quote | Reply
With many pools closed around the country and issues with running outside in various places (and my personal injury to my foot), I'm making the rest of March a bike focus via Zwift. Safe and useful since I NEED to do some training.

Anyone else in??
Quote Reply
Re: March 2020-now a bike focus [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in!

Though as a bike racer every month is bike focus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here.
Last weekend's 21 mile off road race was the last run event. This coming weekends run race is postponed by 6 months.

Many pools gonna be closed I suspect by the end of the week here in England. And I'm in the 'at risk' category due to asthma so now advised to keep clear of other gathering points any how.

So it's bike bike bike from here on in. Hope it's a mix of indoor and outdoor as I'll go stir crazy just using the turbo.
I'm on the edge of a small town heading into countryside, so I can easily keep my distance to others.
Quote Reply
Re: March 2020-now a bike focus [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
I'm on the edge of a small town heading into countryside, so I can easily keep my distance to others.

I've been thinking about this with so many cities going to a lockdown or curfew mode. If you live in a large city, unless you have a treadmill or trainer (turbo) then you are screwed. If you live near the countryside then you have much better odds of finding a way to escape for a solo ride/run outdoors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep is all bike and run now.....my gym pool just closed. And it was the gym part that was closed but of course the pool went with it too.
Quote Reply
Re: March 2020-now a bike focus [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah same here.
I finely bought a direct drive trainer earlier this winter, and it has been a very mild winter so I was almost thinking that it was a waste of money, but now I sure am happy that I have it... looks like it will be getting lots of use.
I might also do some MTB rides, figure that being out in the woods there is less chance of social interaction that on the road.
Quote Reply