Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TRX Experience
Quote | Reply
Now that the Coronavirus is in full swing here in the states and things don't appear to be going back to normal any time soon, I was thinking about getting a TRX (they're conveniently on sale right now). I figure it's only a matter of time before my gym closes. Does anyone have any experience with how effective they are and what kinds of full body routines you've done?
Last edited by: jhammond: Mar 14, 20 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: TRX Experience [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s great. I highly recommend one. Can do full body strength training with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a gazillion great YouTube videos on TRX.Go have a look around and you will be able to get a lot of great ideas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRX is the bomb! I absolutely love mine. I really enjoy doing rows to keep my swim muscles in shape. Pushups and pikes are great as well. The best thing about TRX is that it’s versatile. It really puts a lot of emphasis on the stabilizing muscles as well that you don’t get with barbell or even dumbbells. Worth the money for sure. As for workouts, possibilities are all over the place. Make up a workout that takes you 10-15 minutes and hits all your major muscle groups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone who owns one, what is your setup at home?
What do you have the cables connected to?

I am going to attempt to setup in our finished basement on a bathroom door.
I am hoping it can support my weight.
Quote Reply
Re: TRX Experience [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
Everyone who owns one, what is your setup at home?
What do you have the cables connected to?.

They have an attachment for putting in a door. It looks like a strap with a "board" (for lack of a better word) on the end of it. I think it comes with pretty much all of their packages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, yes I have it, trying to gain trust that it works and won't come flying out of the door.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have ours bolted to a ceiling joist in the garage. If you have a squat rack with pull-up bar, or just a pull-up bar, that will work too. I think recommended area is 8x8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the off-brand at Walmart for $20 and love it. I put a steel rod through a couple of holes in my floor joists in the basement and it is awesome. So great I bought two more for my Track team to use as part of their workouts. They thought they were fun until we really got cranking on them- now they tend to question our sanity as all three coaches use them regularly.
Great for body weight workout/stablizer workout/cardio if you do it right
Have fun

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRX is great. Very versatile; you can get a great workout for any part of your body with it. As was already mentioned, you can find plenty of workout routines online. I have mine hooked to an eyelet I mounted to a joist in my garage. It's been there for years, and will be there for years to come.
Quote Reply