Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At some point after I turned 40, training stopped being training and became mental therapy. I try to get something in everyday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
University pool is still open here, plenty of older people were still there swimming yesterday afternoon and seemed to be going about business as usual. I don't think they have plans to close it unless something comes up, they did cancel the swim meets, but thats about it. I'll keep going to the pool as long as its open. They keep the showers nice and clean.

Plenty of people out running and biking on the trails as well. The population at Sam's Club is a bit different though, mass hysteria over there with people lined up in masks and gloves filling multiple carts with who knows what. Continuing my normal activities at the same rate as before for now providing the weather is nice, otherwise shift to some indoor things.
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
humor will save us!
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still on regular training sched, except I've dropped swimming - wouldn't go near an aquatic center in this environment.

I doubt we'll see any races in North America proceed until June or later, since the US Govt is so far behind other countries in addressing the pandemic. It will linger longer in North America that experienced on other continents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in week 13 of Fink's Competitive program for 70.3 Oceanside on 4 April, I'm now in week 3 of Fink's Competitive program for Ironman Cascais on 26 September.
Can't dwell on it, positive spin is I have an amazing base to start Fink's 140.6 plan with! Onwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What some of you guys call training, I call a hobby. Just got back from a 10 mile run (for fun), swam a couple times this week, ran 35 miles, strength trained 3x, and will do a 75 mile ride tomorrow. Did the same last week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
after years of thinking about it, finally made the leap and signed up with a coach. Started March 1, today marks 14 straight days of structured workouts and I love it.

My job is dependant on disposable income, in Alberta. The drop in the price of oil earlier this week and the shutting down of all non-essential acivities will impact us for months and months. I don't care if I race at all this year. I need swimming, biking, running to keep me sane.

Jason
Edmonton
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [cassinonorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cassinonorth wrote:
I was balls deep in my last build for Haines City 70.3 when shit started to hit the fan so now I'm kinda meandering through my workouts.

I'll probably take a nice long zone 2 solo ride tomorrow to clear my head and try to replan my season (which is damn hard when you have no idea which events will even happen).

After a few days of regrouping after the Las Olas Duathlon (hello wind!) I am set to ramp back up for Florida 70.3 but it’s hard to believe the race will happen.

My hope is that we’re back to racing predictably by September for Worlds in Almere, which should be my first 140.6. Losing that race from the schedule would really hurt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did. Was putting in my biggest weeks yet for IMFL 70.3. Bigger weeks than Full IM. I'm going to shift to running for a while. I've been wanting to run a 100 miler and get a buckle so maybe I'll shift to that now and bike for recoveries.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think gulf coast gets postponed? I was doing 70.3 Texas which did get postponed. Considered signing up for GC as a backup as I’ll already be in PCB on vacation. Guess I should wait and see first.
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
I did. Was putting in my biggest weeks yet for IMFL 70.3. Bigger weeks than Full IM. I'm going to shift to running for a while. I've been wanting to run a 100 miler and get a buckle so maybe I'll shift to that now and bike for recoveries.

Ok, so that’s three of us in the same boat with this race, kind of juggling “I have to be ready” with “no way this race happens.”

You feel really sure it’s “no way”? I guess all available evidence supports that position.
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, with Texas being postponed and every other race here in Florida done, I can't imagine Haines City still happening next month. I don't know why they just don't announce it now. I'm sure it will be announced soon.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: pandemic: has anyone just stopped training? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
I'm deep into a marathon build. In the last month I have needed to sacrific other swims/riding just to manage the load. Marathon is for April 5, and If it gets rescheduled I probably will just drop it. I gained the run fitness I needed from it anyway. I need to get back to full load of bike and swim for Eagleman....if that doesnt get moved too

Yeah - was in similar situation - 26.2 cancelled and now just hoping for Sept 70.3. I did gain some speed.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply

Prev Next