Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a Stryd Discount Code
Quote | Reply
do they exist? If so, anyone mind sharing? I need to buy 4.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They only do discounts on Black Friday and at Expos unfortunately.

Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has a discount code. They use to be $200, now they upped the price to $220. The Zwift pod is $30 and I’m wondering if I should try that first to see if Zwift running is something to do for the winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The zwiftpod is garbage. Avoid it.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See my initial response; they don't do codes other than on Black Friday, and in person at Expos... and given that there aren't any races...

I agree with the other poster though - the Zwiftpod is garbage, unless being within 1-1.5 mph of your actual run speed is an acceptable margin of error for you. It isn't for me! The Stryd is right on.

If all you're looking for is accuracy on a treadmill though, you should check out the NPE Runn sensor. Super accurate, easy to install, reliable... but only for treadmills, no function outdoors.

I ended up getting the Stryd because I travel enough that having the ability to have consistency between outdoor runs and treadmill runs (at various gyms/hotels) was something that I was interested in. I admittedly haven't been using the run power for anything other than a "nice to know", but having read the Running with Power book, I can see its applicability.

Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
The zwiftpod is garbage. Avoid it.

Yeah, I reviewed a few videos on foot pods and the choice is basically minimal functionality for cheap or everything with the Stryd for $220.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you recommend the Running with Power book?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely - I bought the kindle version and it was super cheap. I read it before I bought the Stryd. It's really good about explaining what running power is, and what it isn't, any how it can be used. It's a lot more nuanced than cycling power.

It's a pretty quick read.

Book I read was: Run with Power (https://www.amazon.com/...598371492&sr=8-1)

Quote | Reply
Unless you want to run at the exact same speed as calibrated, it's not a good investment. The RUNN sensor might be a better option if you just want Zwift capability.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another option is a Garmin footpod paired with North Pole Engineering (NPE) CABLE device. I've used one to pair my Garmin Hrm Run (ant+ only) and ant+ footpod for treadmill zwifting with good results. Still about half the price of stryd. Plus you can also send ant+ power to an ios/android BLE zwift from older power meters.

I just wish it would work backwards and take a BLE power signal and broadcast a second BLE and ant+ signal so I could record my waterrower power (BLE only because of install errors on the rowing library used) on my Garmin watch and zwift at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might consider the Coros watch that DCR just reviewed:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...h-running-power.html

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

That’s interesting. Just when I think I covered the various options something new pops up!

I have a Garmin 920xt with running dynamics but I don’t base any training on the outputs. Looks like the COROS has that plus power making it very useful.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Stryd Discount Code [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

Yyyeeep, there's your discount code. Coros may have just killed Stryd and taken a large chunk of would-be garmin users. I've been looking to replace my 920 for a while. We will see how the OWS data is from DCR first, but I'm hopeful.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply