Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere
Quote | Reply
I picked it up at Amazon for 1 day shipping to have for the weekend, but it's the same price at Tri Sports, Garmin's website, perhaps others...

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:
I picked it up at Amazon for 1 day shipping to have for the weekend, but it's the same price at Tri Sports, Garmin's website, perhaps others...

You freaking rock! I've been waiting to get one.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharing far and wide, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to see the price coming down as it’s an essential safety device IMO. I have the v1 tail light wondering if v2 offers anything worth the upgrade?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brighter light and maybe a newer longer lasting battery.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
I have the v1 tail light wondering if v2 offers anything worth the upgrade?
I had V1 and upgraded to V2 because I loved the original so much. The difference is not that huge. It is a lot brighter. I do not notice any difference in radar performance. I have no clue how battery compares, because I never did a ride long enough with either. I prefer the V2 vertical position.

The V2 does not come with that screw-on round seatpost mount. So, hold on to that from your V1.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea for why the price cut? New version 3 coming? I never looked closely at these
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Any idea for why the price cut? New version 3 coming? I never looked closely at these
No clue. I bought my original when it went on sale for $50 off. Then, 3 months later V2 came out. This is the first sale I remember for the V2. The V2 is almost 2 years old now, so maybe they have a v3 coming soon.

If so, I will probably pre-order the V3 based solely on my love for V1 and V2.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Varia v2 RTL510 $130 pretty much everywhere [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily expect a v.3 anytime soon. I bought my v.2 almost exactly a year ago -- you could find them everywhere then (except the Garmin site) for $99. I bought then.
Quote Reply