Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My usually super-busy pool is now a near-empty paradise - because of ?coronavirus!? [lithops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope your sore throat is just the usual cold.

On another somewhat unrelated note. I have been impressed with Colorado's govenor's response to the outbreak. Clear communications about the risks without a lot of drama. Setting up drive-thru testing sites. Quick response for boosting social services. Kind of textbook crisis management.
Quote Reply
Re: My usually super-busy pool is now a near-empty paradise - because of ?coronavirus!? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am NOT a medical professional but the resources to learn more are out there

This thread actually has some decent info

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Watch the news, read articles online. Looks at graphs comparing growth rates of the virus in US and elsewhere. Read about Italy as it’s an unfortunate, but probably very good preview of what lies ahead. It’s now a national emergency, people are sick, some are dying, and it’s spreading—rapidly. The economy is in a tail spin and our health care system may very well be heading for being completely overwhelmed (see Italy). The people that have provided me with the info that has made me fear/respect this situation the most are probably health care professionals and military personnel who speak about it. Again, just because you may not die from this virus doesn’t mean you can’t spread it to those who can....or spread to others who will spread it to others who will spread it to others who will get very sick or die. Or, simply overwhelm our healthcare system even if they live. Or, continue to foster an unstable economy because of all of the above.

I was fairly cavalier about this virus myself not long ago and I’m not anymore. I am hardly 100% bunkered in but, I also don’t think this is a time to go for my PR at the pool because I’m not currently infected. I’ve beat this drum enough here. You decide what is best.
Quote Reply
Re: My usually super-busy pool is now a near-empty paradise - because of ?coronavirus!? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have swung completely the other way in terms of doing my part. In the middle of one of our biggest product deliveries, I sent my entire company away to work from home minimally for 3 weeks but may be a lot longer. This will hurt for sure, but I don't want our company to be a spot where this disease is exchanged. So if they all stay home we as a company can't be a contributor. We have obviously canned all travel to visit customers (which will also hurt big time to close deals). At an individual level, I am avoiding contact with people but I don't think swimming is any higher risk activity than going to the grocery store. With how few are in the pool, I have my own lane and the city staff were doing a great job sanitizing the place. The pool itself is a pretty safe spot in the water with the chlorine. Its just changing. In any case, its an academic exercise for me now as the city shut all rec facilities (pools, gyms, arenas, libraries etc) so that parents don't take kids during March break.

I have cancelled all in person customer/partner/venture capital/government meetings. That's way higher risk than the pool. I am doing that remotely. Doing those meetings remote really hurts but they are higher risk than the pool, sitting across from a bunch of people for an hour in a closed room.
Quote Reply

Prev Next