Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing
Quote | Reply
$30 a year (and it is only calendar year) going up to $40 April 28. I see a decline in their memberships. I think better to keep running competitive instead of completitive\, time for races to offer up more prize money. At least USATF sanction costs are included into costs for runners, instead of what USAT does is add on price at the end to give sticker shock.
Quote Reply
Re: USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where has USAT ever added the price of sanctioning a race back to the athlete?

Any race that is adding a sanctioning fee is doing on their own accord, especially when the USAT race sanctioning fee is $250.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$15 one day fee or membership.
Quote Reply
Re: USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what's your point? The single day license or membership gets you access to liability insurance and secondary health insurance should you suffer an injury.

Triathlon is small, Marathons are big. So all of that is built into the price.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
$30 a year (and it is only calendar year) going up to $40 April 28. I see a decline in their memberships. I think better to keep running competitive instead of completitive\, time for races to offer up more prize money. At least USATF sanction costs are included into costs for runners, instead of what USAT does is add on price at the end to give sticker shock.

I'm confused. What does this mean? The USAT sanction costs are paid by the Race Director and built into the registration fees. Also, a vast majority of road races are not USATF sanctioned (I can't remember the last USATF sanctioned road race I ran) whereas a vast majority of triathlons are USAT sanctioned.
Quote Reply
Re: USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So what's your point? The single day license or membership gets you access to liability insurance and secondary health insurance should you suffer an injury.

Long distance people don't get it! The $15 doesn't seem much relative to cost of 70.3 or higher. When you want to do a Olympic or less, that $15 is a bigger chunk of total price

PS usatf sanctioning is also for liability insurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Long distance people don't get it! The $15 doesn't seem much relative to cost of 70.3 or higher. When you want to do a Olympic or less, that $15 is a bigger chunk of total price

PS usatf sanctioning is also for liability insurance

So I raced three Olympics last year, if I paid the one day license that $45. I also raced a 70.3. So $50 it is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something? I don’t recall ever signing up for USATF when registering for a running race.
Quote Reply
Re: USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Am I missing something? I don’t recall ever signing up for USATF when registering for a running race.

And that is my point. Pricing scales on race size, no major effect on participants. Although if you want to win usatf prize money need to be a member
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Same argument I've hearing since the late '80s. So what?
2. No one is forcing you to race a USAT sanctioned event. Chose another race. No one forces anyone to race USAT sanctioned events. Triathlon isn't cycling.
3. You're not comparing apples to apples. Most running events have no affiliation with USATF. Maybe RRCA.
4. I take it you don't race USMS.
5. Provide a solution rather than beating a dead horse for 30+ years.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm outraged that I can't get outraged about this.
Quote Reply
Re: USATF membership joining ranks of USAT in pricing [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LazyEP wrote:
1. Same argument I've hearing since the late '80s. So what?
2. No one is forcing you to race a USAT sanctioned event. Chose another race. No one forces anyone to race USAT sanctioned events. Triathlon isn't cycling.
3. You're not comparing apples to apples. Most running events have no affiliation with USATF. Maybe RRCA.
4. I take it you don't race USMS.
5. Provide a solution rather than beating a dead horse for 30+ years.

#3... So that leaves me at 1 race a year I can do? Remember triathlon participation declining
Last edited by: synthetic: Mar 11, 20 8:46
Quote Reply