Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ceepo Mamba
Quote | Reply

So I started a thread yesterday regarding buying an aero road bike:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ike_advice_P7164729/

I’ve got the opportunity to buy a 2nd hand Ceepo Mamba aero road bike. The frame is as new(not a mark on it), the wheels are new (semi-aero), Shimano 105 groupset. The bike is going really cheap locally. I test rode it earlier today, very nice bike, quirky looking frame!

It’s going for an absolute steal in my opinion, the only trouble is it’s a size smaller than I would normally use, but I had no trouble with saddle height and reach, so all good there.

My questions:

Anyone have any experience with these bikes? There are a few reviews about, all good. But I don’t know a lot about them.

And secondly, would the smaller size prove to be an issue? I’ll use it mainly for road riding, training, not racing. But did think that with the reversible seatpost I could add clip-on aero bars and do the odd duathlon maybe.

Thanks for any advice.

Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Mamba [Proby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met Tanakasan, the owner of Ceepo in a bike shop in Tokyo a couple of weeks before he went to Kona, and there were about 6-8 bikes he was letting customers test ride, including the Shadow and Shadow R. We were mostly discussing tech stuff, and he was really excited when discussing the type of carbon fiber he was using in his bikes. Some manufacturers used or use lower grade carbon fiber in their entry level bikes, and the higher grade CF in their more expensive bike frames. I can't say if or how that difference is felt by athletes, but after a quick search on the Ceepo Mamba online it appears he is using the higher grade CF for the Mamba as well. It's a sweet looking bike and would love to see a pic of it once it is kitted.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Mamba. Very comfortable on the long rides.
A tad heavy but negligible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one I built for my wife one year ago. Frameset was on deal (same layout as 2019, but 2017 color scheme); built up with Campy Record 10s components I had laying around, with a FSA alu crankset I also had (campy crank had arms too long). Wheelset are Fulcrum R4's, Deda dropbar, Syncros saddle (all bought new). Wife is between size XS and S; we picked S because was the only available, it fits ok with a 90mm stem.
Bike is lightweight and looks badass (thanks also to Record groupset); wife says it's way faster than the Pina FP2 it replaced

Last edited by: jollyroger88: Apr 9, 20 8:13
Quote Reply