Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: HED Vanquish 6 - BNIB
Quote | Reply
Up for sale is a brand spanking new set of HED Vanquish 6 wheels w/ Continental GP5000 TL (25mm) mounted. These wheels are awesome for road, triathlon and gravel. I rode a different set of these wheels for about a year and they are epic - much better than any other deep dish wheel I have ridden.

Depth: 60mm
I.D.: 21mm
O.D.: 30mm
Brake: Centerlock Disc
Freehub: Shimano (XDr available from HED)
Axles: 12/100mm F 12/142mm R
Weight: 1589g

$1600 Shipped CONUS, OBO. Make me an offer if you're serious - I have no use for these.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: HED Vanquish 6 - BNIB [APKTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these still available?

Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Re: FS: HED Vanquish 6 - BNIB [osugasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, but they're not. I've been rolling on them for quite a while.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: HED Vanquish 6 - BNIB [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike,

I don't have a way of comparing these to other wheelsets. Have ridden the Enve 5.6s for a few hundred miles in flats, hills and lots of wind--very impressed. I've also ridden CLX 64 in similar environment--very not impressed. A truly skittish wheelset at speed and worse with wind surges. Scary. So I'm down to a 5.6 wheelset or maybe the Vanquish RC6 pro. But no way to demo so if you had thoughts, I'd love to hear them. No issues against Enve, love them, but it's nice to support another USA company with a reputable product. But if it throws me around like the CLX 64 or the 808 front has in the past, I'd be frustrated. Thanks, Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s the word Mike, how do you like the HED wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: HED Vanquish 6 - BNIB [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

Here's the PM I sent osugasman:

Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm going to be much help. These are the only deep rim wheels that I've ridden, so I can't make any direct comparisons. I rode a set of tri spokes on my TT bike for about a year; I found them to be very twitchy, even in relatively light wind. Then I rode a tri spoke front/disc rear combo. on my TT bike for about 5 years, and I found that setup to be very stable in all conditions (e.g., gusty winds, extremely fast descents). I'd rate the HED V6s on my road bike as somewhere in between those two setups, but closer to the stable end of the spectrum. Where I've primarily noticed handling issues is descending at 35MPH+ with some kind of cross wind. And it's not that I'm getting blown around, but it feels a bit twitchy. For what it's worth, I'm about 155LBS. All in all, I've been very happy with these wheels. I've probably put about 6000 miles on them.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sparks wrote:
jharris wrote:

Here's the PM I sent osugasman:

Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm going to be much help. These are the only deep rim wheels that I've ridden, so I can't make any direct comparisons. I rode a set of tri spokes on my TT bike for about a year; I found them to be very twitchy, even in relatively light wind. Then I rode a tri spoke front/disc rear combo. on my TT bike for about 5 years, and I found that setup to be very stable in all conditions (e.g., gusty winds, extremely fast descents). I'd rate the HED V6s on my road bike as somewhere in between those two setups, but closer to the stable end of the spectrum. Where I've primarily noticed handling issues is descending at 35MPH+ with some kind of cross wind. And it's not that I'm getting blown around, but it feels a bit twitchy. For what it's worth, I'm about 155LBS. All in all, I've been very happy with these wheels. I've probably put about 6000 miles on them.

Thanks Mike.
Quote Reply