Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek Team Time Trial - for an Ironman?
Quote | Reply
Assuming this bike fits me correctly, is this a good bike for an Ironman? Or is more used for Olympic distance races and things of that nature.

I have a Trek 5200 now & love the ride. I would assume that the OCLV 120 is pretty similar to the OCLV Honeycomb in the TTT.

What do you guys think?

---------------------------

How many miles did you ride today?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Team Time Trial - for an Ironman? [Red Dragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same idea and went ahead and built a Trek TT. I too have a 5200. Honestly, the TT has a lot more lateral stiffness and less flex in the bottom bracket area. I am planning on using the TT to do IMWi in 2005, but 2 half ironmans this year. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you sit shallow, have a long femur and a long torso this bike may be a viable choice. I sure wouldn't want to run a marathon after 5.5 hours on a shallow seat angle bike. I've done it. Ouch.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the input guys.

RD

---------------------------

How many miles did you ride today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In 2003 I've done one olympic, one 1/2 Ironman, one Ironman and some Duathlon on my Trek TTT. Worked perfect for me.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Last edited by: Bavarian_Frank: Feb 7, 04 11:57
Quote Reply