Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any race directors who think there race is happening is either A) an idiot or B) a asshole who doesn't understand the gravity of what's happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Governor of Idaho laid out a 4 step plan to reopen, with step 1 starting Friday. If everything goes as planned, large events can take place starting mid-June. I'm sure the CDA RD is watching this, will be interesting to watch how it plays out. Retail stores open on Friday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eagleman postponed until "the fall"

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman 70.3 Des Moines postponed, no new date given yet.

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JakeLikesDonuts wrote:
Ironman 70.3 Des Moines postponed, no new date given yet.

I heard October. Insane.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur d'Alene- Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Steelhead - Postponed
IRONMAN 70.3 Muskoka - Postponed
IRONMAN 70.3 Calgary - Postponed
IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman- Postponed
IRONMAN 70.3 Des Moines - Postponed
IRONMAN 70.3 Wisconsin - Postponed
IRONMAN Mont Tremblant- Postponed
IRONMAN Tulsa - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Monterrey - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Virginia Blue Ridge - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Chattanooga - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Hawai'i - Rescheduled
IRONMAN North American Championship St. George - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Texas - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Victoria - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Florida - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Mont-Tremblant - Postponed
5i50 Triathlon Series -Mont-Tremblant - Postponed
IRONMAN 70.3 Gulf Coast- Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa - Postponed
IRONMAN Texas - Rescheduled
IRONMAN 70.3 Connecticut - Cancelled
SUPERSEAL Triathlon - Cancelled
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
IDK, one of my athletes emailed the CDA 70.3 RD and was like hey when are you sending out options.
The RD emailed back and said the race is a go. We both LOL'd on the RD's naivety.

Granted there are only 60 cases in the county where CDA is. Just seems pretty unimaginable that anything in June with potentially 2,000+ people is going to go off anywhere....in the world.

My guess is WTC is waiting to 3-4 weeks out from events before they officially cancel them.

CDA 70.3 has been rescheduled to September 6th.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indiana is targeting July 4th for full open (ok for festivals, concerts, etc). IM Muncie is July 11th so Muncie is looking like a go. Pools aren’t opening until last week of May, gives about five weeks of swim training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
IDK, one of my athletes emailed the CDA 70.3 RD and was like hey when are you sending out options.
The RD emailed back and said the race is a go. We both LOL'd on the RD's naivety.

Granted there are only 60 cases in the county where CDA is. Just seems pretty unimaginable that anything in June with potentially 2,000+ people is going to go off anywhere....in the world.

My guess is WTC is waiting to 3-4 weeks out from events before they officially cancel them.
I would hardly say the RD in Coeur d'Alene in naive. He is an experienced Ironman RD who I believe is from Cd'A. The northern half of Idaho has done a great job in keeping Covid down here (less than 70 cases, less than 5 hospitalizations, one death) and no one knew how restrictive the governor's comeback plan was going to be until it was announced last week. There was a chance, however very slim, that under the plan the race could have gone on as scheduled.

There are other major regional sports events occurring in Spokane 30 miles away (Bloomsday marathon, Hoopfest) that have also been re-scheduled for later this year, requiring some level of coordination, so it is not as simple as it sounds.
Last edited by: HaydenHunter: May 6, 20 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Panama 70.3 just canceled.

English Version

Dear IRONMAN 70.3 Panama Athlete,

Based on the mandate from the Government of Panama in relation to the
COVID-19 pandemic, the IRONMAN 70.3 Panama triathlon scheduled for August 23, 2020 cannot take place as planned. We are working diligently on all potential options and further event updates will be communicated as soon as possible.

In what has been a continually evolving and challenging time globally, we recognize that this may come as a disappointment but appreciate your patience while we work to confirm additional details.

We also realize that this change may impact your travel arrangements, therefore registered athletes are advised to contact their travel providers immediately to inform them of your situation.

If you have additional questions, please contact panama70.3@ironman.com.

Thank you for your commitment and we look forward to providing you with an exceptional race experience in the future.

The IRONMAN 70.3 Panama Team

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2020 Triple Bypass. I signed up for the Double which was cancelled two weeks ago and now they cancelled the whole cabosh. Was really looking forward to the challenge of the Double Triple.

We've lost a lot of sleep deciding the best way forward for the 2020 Triple Bypass. Though Team Evergreen would love to host you on our epic ride through the Colorado Rockies, after careful consideration of how COVID restrictions will look in September, we decided we couldn't give you the exceptional experience that we are known for. And we need you to be safe.

So with that, we are officially canceling the 2020 Triple Bypass. We don't want you to have to ride wearing a mask, eliminate the finish party fun or prevent you from giving congratulatory high-fives to your fellow participants. COVID-19 has taken the air out of the balloon for large events in 2020. It's a fact we can't ignore.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Musselman 70.3 just canceled.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barrelman which was scheduled for September 20th has been canceled. I appreciate the early notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is interesting...Lubbock and Muncie are earlier than Musselman, but still a go...for now?
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean... It's not like Ironman is the one making the decisions. If New York or the city of Geneva says it's not happening, that's what it is. Given the respective states those three are located in I'm hardly surprised musselman was the first to go.

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
I mean... It's not like Ironman is the one making the decisions. If New York or the city of Geneva says it's not happening, that's what it is. Given the respective states those three are located in I'm hardly surprised musselman was the first to go.

Exactly. Ironman’s decisions to cancel/postpone races is due to local government restrictions and not Ironman’s policy. So local governance in Lubbock and Muncie hasn’t yet told them no.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Las Vegas Marathon and Half Marathon canceled.

Quote Reply

Prev Next