Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bike Shopping: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 vs Cervelo P Series [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I’m curious if you’re happy with your P series purchase. I recently bought one as well with the Ultegra groupset and just finished my first 70.3 with it.

I have gripes with the aluminum base/aero bars which rotate and I had to glue on and of course the alloy wheel set which I don’t find great to race with. That right there was another $1000 on a decent carbon wheel set and I wonder if the Canyon wasn’t worth waiting for.

That being said, I’m still overall happy with the Cervelo and the fit is good. My LBS echoed a lot of what was said here and pushed me hard for the p series over the Canyon due to fit and parts.
Last edited by: TriSi: Sep 25, 21 4:11
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shopping: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 vs Cervelo P Series [TriSi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try some carbon paste for your basebar and aerobars where they clamp. Should take care of your rotating issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shopping: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 vs Cervelo P Series [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, thanks, finish line grip carbon is what I ended up going with. There’s still a little give but much better than it was before. Kind of annoying if I have to do this each time when I travel but better than the alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shopping: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 vs Cervelo P Series [TriSi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a P series this last winter, the Di2 version with upgraded Vision 55 wheels and cockpit. It fits me well. I love the adjustability of the cockpit. Love the blue/green color that changes depending on the light, but isn't an over the top and busy paint scheme. Its a great bike, not holding me back in any way, and I don't envision replacing it any time soon.

I considered the Canyon as well. Ultimately the best bike fitter I know in my region of the country felt the P-series was the far better option of the two for optimizing fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shopping: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 vs Cervelo P Series [IM-Yeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I tried to estimate my size with canyon’s website, the bot couldn’t even recommend a size for me because I’ve got a long torso and short legs, lol. Guess the Germans are mostly built like Fredeno 😂.
Quote Reply

Prev Next