Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17
Quote | Reply
If you hadn't spotted it, congrats to Joe Skipper getting the win in NZ with a tasty sub 8.

Swim 51:58
T1 4:07
Bike 4:13:02
T2 2:02
Run 2:43:06

We know the lad can ride but that was a great run from Joe. He looked absolutely smashed at the end waiting for them to finish the haka!

Cheers, Rich.
Last edited by: knighty76: Mar 7, 20 1:01
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes classy race from Joe . Top lad who trains hard and improves every year. Now starting to get some well earned recognition.

Norfolk Pride !

M
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with a 60t chainring no less.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was keeping up loosely with the race on social, i wasnt able to watch the facebook live feed.

i was rooting for braden but was very happy for joe and his performance.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Did Cameron Brown compete?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He keeps getting better and better. I’ve been following him on Instagram and he’s such an humble and down to earth guy. I’m a fan!!
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 8:14 for Cam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He still looked strong and fresh at the end of his run and to add it's his second CR in his last two IM races (IMFL). Another interesting note is that he spent a lot of 2019 sidelined with injury and it seems like the athletes that take significant time off have been coming back very strong, for example Frodo, Anne Haug, Laura Philipp, Sebi, and Skipper, of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [andrewhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and TO last year... he wasnt able to run much up till Kona then came back and smashed it.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
I think 8:14 for Cam

I guess this would be the 45-49 world record too for Cam Brown....he must be closing on 50 years old by now!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Mar 7, 20 6:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipper is just great. He just smashes everything these days.

Meredith Kessler looked great as well. Glad she got her Kona spot. I think she is 41?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has the IMNZ course changed? Based on the results on his wikipedia, his fastest three IMNZ times have been 2016, 2018, 2020, which is very remarkable as these are all performed at ages 44 and up.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Has the IMNZ course changed? Based on the results on his wikipedia, his fastest three IMNZ times have been 2016, 2018, 2020, which is very remarkable as these are all performed at ages 44 and up.

Yes, new bike course this year (the 70.3 course from December x2) . Definitely bit quicker course, and pretty good conditions on the bike. The run course changed a few years back from 2 to 3 laps, and then some other minor tweaks have taken some small hills out on the run in recent years. No change to run from last year though other than a really minor change to the finish and an associated really really annoying 10m out and 180 turn back.

But back to Cam. He's a real class act. As time goes on the more I see him then my admiration grows. He was in the finish area catching people and handing out medals once he'd finished. In other years I've seen him sat by the course eating his burger and cheering people on.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
He keeps getting better and better. I’ve been following him on Instagram and he’s such an humble and down to earth guy. I’m a fan!!

X2 actually used to post a lot on another Triathlon forum, they all speak about him on there like he's one of there own.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
and TO last year... he wasnt able to run much up till Kona then came back and smashed it.

I wonder if this trend means many of these pros are not taking enough of an off-season? I know Dr. Couzens preaches the need for off-seasons for everyone up to the top, as a pro who needs to keep making buck, I imagine it is hard to take proper off-seasons so perhaps the injury breaks are just what they need to get faster? (but not to make money!)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
kny wrote:

Yes, new bike course this year (the 70.3 course from December x2) . Definitely bit quicker course, and pretty good conditions on the bike. The run course changed a few years back from 2 to 3 laps, and then some other minor tweaks have taken some small hills out on the run in recent years. No change to run from last year though other than a really minor change to the finish and an associated really really annoying 10m out and 180 turn back.

But back to Cam. He's a real class act. As time goes on the more I see him then my admiration grows. He was in the finish area catching people and handing out medals once he'd finished. In other years I've seen him sat by the course eating his burger and cheering people on.

I actually think the bike course could be a bit slower now as you don’t get all that free speed coming back into town. I rode slower for 70.3 than I have done for first lap of Ironman. You still have to climb the same amount to get to top of broadlands in the first part of the lap, it just seems a bit more gradual without the first part of the climb off lake terrace on the previous course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Don’t forget Lionel Sanders. He’s been looking pretty damn strong lately too. He’s one athlete to watch out this year for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was 6 mins quicker this year than last for +2w.
(5:15:56 @ 237np this year). Having said that I had big issues second lap so that was very unbalanced with lap 2 8 mins slower and 20w lower than lap 1. Wind was better, but speedtheory analysis pre race said by 2:30. You are right about the last 10k being a lot harder than the old 'finish at the racecourse and free wheel, but I found the start to racecourse way faster without the long steep climb to the Hilton. You could stay in aero and spin up rifle range road. In fact the challenge now is you can pretty much stay tucked all day, so the back gets no chance to stretch. The Old course you got those little breaks where you had to get up.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Skipper IMNZ record - 7:54:17 [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was expecting the free speed into town as well and didn't get it, but I agree that the climb up at the start is way easier for sure so maybe it balances out? I enjoyed the new loop from Broadlands to Reporoa, it meant the outward part of the course was a bit less boring than it used to be. The slog back was as dull as ever. So glad that the swim and run are such awesome courses at Taupo because the bike certainly isn't!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has a great series of videos on the tube too. Just a down to earth nice bloke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TO didn't take time off he deep water ran instead

Andrew Garwood
http://www.2xu.com
http://www.newtonrunning.com
http://www.ascendsport.com.au
Quote Reply