Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only use the clear visor for night riding so it's not a matter of switching lenses since I don't do that. Giro just needs to use a thicker polycarbonate like a motorcycle and I think the problem would be solved; (swapping lenses on motorcycles doesn't require any special techniques) but they probably don't because people want light weight. I'll take a heavier helmet any day as long as it functions well.

Minus the cracks (luckily they are out of view) I think its a decent helmet. I like not having to wear glasses and don't feel too hot in it; but think the pointy rear might not be for my preferred head down riding. I think it's designed for a looking forward posture which my old body doesn't like to do. Guess my next helmet will be round.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Ttakata73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ttakata73 wrote:
I think it's designed for a looking forward posture which my old body doesn't like to do. Guess my next helmet will be round.

I nor my athletes have had that problem with the shield. I wonder if it's from traveling with the helmet? IDK just a thought.

As for head position, again it's pretty hard to beat that helmet for the overwhelming majority of people no matter how you hold your head.

I, and ymmv, would be hard pressed to switch helmets just based on that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Mar 8, 20 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck I wore the one with vents and it was hot.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I diy "upgraded" to the premium giro aerohead and it only cost me 50 cents. I have done all my races with the vinyl on and had no issues with heat or cooling. The hottest race for me was IM Cozumel. Beauty of this is, if it does get too hot, you can just rip it off.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next