Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weirdest Knee Injury Ever just before AAA
Quote | Reply
So at 2 o'clock this morning I'm lying on the couch, on my back, not moving. Suddenly it feels as though my lower leg is being dislocated at the knee. I yell in pain and it stops. I think my calf muscle had a spasm and was pulling the bone down and almost out of the socket - crazy! After a few minutes it was sore but not bad. This morning I tried to jog on it since after stretching and walking there was zero soreness and no sign of injury. After a half mile the soreness suddenly re-appeared and was scary and I had to stop and walk back to my car. I then massaged with CPD. A couple of hours later - no soreness nor limp in my walk.

My sprint tri is in 8 days - my AAA race I've been training for a long time. I was doing 40s/20s cycling intervals yesterday afternoon and my calves were a bit sore afterwards but it was only a half hour workout so I consider yesterday as the first day of my taper (though I had an 1,000 yd swim w intervals in the morning). Overtraining again? I am 63. No knee injuries in my history.

Do I not run until race day so it has the best chance of healing?
My schedule has a swim tomorrow and bike on Sunday - should I skip those too?
Major concern and disappointment.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest Knee Injury Ever just before AAA [lombardi3g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to work & walked around the orchard for 20 minutes just now - completely normal w no soreness, no limp. Been 7 hours since faux dislocation, 2 hours since abandoned run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were you I'd pretend it never happened. It's gotten me through weird injuries before.

Then again I am known to make iffy decisions.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seconding Mr Rabbit until someone shares otherwise.. I know it's frustrating to have something crop up without being able to identify it. Fingers crossed for you it was just a blip.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in your age group. I am sorry to hear about this but not surprised. Weird stuff happens to us older athletes. In my opinion I don’t think it is serious. I am guessing it was a pretty serious muscle cramp. Stick with your training plan. Run if you can but I definitely would continue with your bike and swim sessions. You have a good training base. Do what you can during taper and get ready to race fast.
Quote Reply