Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for ur kind sugestion. I also had applied tons of sunblock on my face and thought it will do.

A year ago, I suddenly had to reduce outdoor aerobic training volume to "10%"(due to my law school curricula...) instead lifted tons of weights in the gym in the dorm.

And voila! My face shines..literally shines.. I barely apply facial ointments and do nothing special.

At this point, I realized how destructive the exposure to UV can be. Look at Mr.Quintana.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do a search for "Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Water Resistant and Non-Greasy Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 100+".

its avail on amazon. i had a friend go through melanoma and the doc that took care of him said this is the best stuff avail. its all i use now and it absolutely seems to work better than anything else ive tried.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [Stubob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stubob wrote:
I go from skinny to "Are you ok?" skinny.

A friend, who happens to be an ultra runner, happened upon me as I was finishing a run and said that I needed to eat a donut.
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
Stubob wrote:
I go from skinny to "Are you ok?" skinny.

A friend, who happens to be an ultra runner, happened upon me as I was finishing a run and said that I needed to eat a donut.

Congrats!!! lol
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
1. Super fast aging which occurs on skin due to excessive exposure to UV light

It is beyond me why more triathletes do not cover their arms and legs with sleeves (if it is non-wetsuit legal, one can at least put sleeves on during the run to T1 without losing any time) when it both helps protect the skin (still use sunblock) and makes one more slippery.

I never realized my dizzy spells were due to the low HR thing! glad this thread started. I also wonder about the skinniness and leg thing, some say they have huge legs, some say they're skinny overall. I don't have enormous quads but they're certainly disproportional to the rest of my muscle mass such that people are often shocked when I reveal my 175 lb. weight. Upper body of a climber, legs of a sprinter.... and I can't even sprint!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
Thank you for ur kind sugestion. I also had applied tons of sunblock on my face and thought it will do.

A year ago, I suddenly had to reduce outdoor aerobic training volume to "10%"(due to my law school curricula...) instead lifted tons of weights in the gym in the dorm.

And voila! My face shines..literally shines.. I barely apply facial ointments and do nothing special.

At this point, I realized how destructive the exposure to UV can be. Look at Mr.Quintana.

Nairo also grew up at elevation (2800m) where UV is stronger so perhaps an extreme case, he probably got more exposure as a child than he or anyone ever will being a grand tour rider.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
I never realized my dizzy spells were due to the low HR thing!

I've suffered from positional hypotension for many years. And most automatic blood pressure cuffs just error out on me because my pulse is too low.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a big fan of the left ventricular hypertrophy :)

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hemorrhoids
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had normal toenails in over twenty years. I never wear open toed shoes in public, I don't want to frighten small children. LOL
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Peter Ghimme wrote:
1. Super fast aging which occurs on skin due to excessive exposure to UV light

take care of your skin! get some good sunblock. melanoma is no joke.

I have to put on sunscreen to open the refrigerator

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constant pain. Something is always aching, all the time. Usually it more than one thing at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle Sores ...
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
Hemorrhoids

I associate hemorrhoids with rapid weight loss. I've experienced them when on a strict diet without much exercise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
1. Tilted Head
I always used to breath on the right during my swims, then I started having the sensation during the day that my head was tilted to one side. I now alternate between laps to breath on the right, on the left, and bilaterally.

Katie Zaferes seems to have this so you're in good company

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: What physiological changes due to training do you notice that are not necessarily desirable? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
1. Tilted Head
I always used to breath on the right during my swims, then I started having the sensation during the day that my head was tilted to one side. I now alternate between laps to breath on the right, on the left, and bilaterally.

Katie Zaferes seems to have this so you're in good company

Wow! You are right. Her head is tilted to the right in just about every photo of her.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^^ Tim O'Donnell's head always seems to lean to the left.

Quote Reply

Prev Next