Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Ironman site has 26 convictions in 9 years with one caught twice. please. That's smoke and mirrors stuff. A complete joke of a doping program.

Yep agree.

But on the other hand, they are racing for wooden bowls and a $3 medal.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing Rhys. What a joke!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
rhys wrote:
Ironman site has 26 convictions in 9 years with one caught twice. please. That's smoke and mirrors stuff. A complete joke of a doping program.

Yep agree.

But on the other hand, they are racing for wooden bowls and a $3 medal.

I can't keep up - are we allowed to use wood these days?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
Interesting that this is the same Kona AG where the first winner was DQ'd. Don't see that every day!

At the rate things are going the 2019 Kona age group championship will roll through the entire Kona field and down to the last place finisher in one of the qualifier races!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
monty wrote:
Well the post I highlighted was saying that, was not responding to you really..

I took rocky m’s post as just continuing my train of thought about the generalities of IVs and why any athlete would be banned, not a comment on this particular athlete’s actual intent.

Jason--you nailed it. But "some people" don't think of those generalities or possibilities (no matter how dumb it seems) and would rather just spout off.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Life is like a box of chocolates...
Surprise, surprise...it may not end here...

Originally fifth, later fourth, now third in AG35-39...and soon DQ'd...if Ironman follows their own rules!
Perhaps we need one german coach to file a complaint...

17RyanGiuliano1984 USA
https://www.triathlon.org/...championships/338747
EDITOR NOTE: For clarity's sake, because this thread is about WADA violations: Ryan raced an ITU Elite series duathlon in 2019. The alleged violation is not about the WADA code, but instead a rules infraction about competing in AG and Elite categories in the same year.

For a company that charges $1000 of race fee, Ironman should be capable of doing better than this...

I'm happy that I still raced in places and in the days where the first to the line was the best of the day! :)

devashish_paul wrote:
SummitAK wrote:
Interesting that this is the same Kona AG where the first winner was DQ'd. Don't see that every day!

At the rate things are going the 2019 Kona age group championship will roll through the entire Kona field and down to the last place finisher in one of the qualifier races!!!!

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Last edited by: rrheisler: Mar 3, 20 2:59
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duathlon and triathlon are completely separate. You can be pro in one and not the other, iirc
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Duathlon and triathlon are completely separate. You can be pro in one and not the other, iirc

^This^
You can have your pro card in du and race amateur in tri.
But I *think* if you’re pro in tri, you’re also pro in du. This is because duathletes are not as good as triathletes, and the pro du world gives them a chance to feel good about themselves.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be happy if you could point where that is written.

Only found this in the Ironman rules:
Professional Status
Any athlete holding elite/ professional status from their ITU Member National Triathlon Federation or an IRONMAN Professional Membership (as verified by elite/ pro status of an athlete’s National Triathlon Federation) is prohibited from racing as an age group athlete in ANY sanctioned triathlon events anywhere in the world, where there is an elite/ pro wave, within the same calendar year.

Disqualification and potential sanction from WTC events, and forfeiture of any age group world championship qualifying slots may result for any athlete that has not adhered to this policy.

To be part of the elite field in an ITU event (Du or Tri) the athlete must be selected by the NF (which it ITU Member) which should be enough to ensure the athletes holds an elite/pro status, even if for that race only...
Unless there is another rule, the rule above seems clear and does not refer if it was Du or Tri...

doublea334 wrote:
Sean H wrote:

^This^
You can have your pro card in du and race amateur in tri.
But I *think* if you’re pro in tri, you’re also pro in du. This is because duathletes are not as good as triathletes, and the pro du world gives them a chance to feel good about themselves.

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sedi wrote:
I would be happy if you could point where that is written.

Only found this in the Ironman rules:
Professional Status
Any athlete holding elite/ professional status from their ITU Member National Triathlon Federation or an IRONMAN Professional Membership (as verified by elite/ pro status of an athlete’s National Triathlon Federation) is prohibited from racing as an age group athlete]

It is 100% incorrect to say that USA Tri has conferred elite status to Ryan based on his participant as an ELite Duathlete.

It is spelled out CLEARLY on page two of USAT's elite criteria document: http://file:/...Criteria%20Final.pdf

I quote:

USAT RECOGNIZES SIX CLASSIFICATIONS WITHIN ITS ELITE LICENSE STRUCTURE:

1. Elite Triathlete License or Collegiate Elite (covered as an elite in all categories)
2. Draft Legal Pathway
3. Elite Duathlete License (covered as an elite in duathlon, amateur in triathlon)
Last edited by: ajthomas: Mar 3, 20 7:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next