Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Bar Extensions
Quote | Reply
My aero bars go pretty much straight out from the handlebars. I can visualize a hooped bridge that would go between the end and angle upwards for a more comfortable grip. I have done some googling and it doesn't seem like such a product exists. I did find a Profile Designs product that is a straight bridge and can double as a computer mount but nothing that extends upward at an angle. Is anyone aware of such a product? I understand I can get different aero bars that already have that bend in them.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Extensions [KaliTom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about something like this?

The other, better option, is to just get something that curves up like a ski bend, and then turn them inwards to they get narrow and close to touching. That creates the same shape, with the comfort of the bend.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Extensions [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be a complete replacement. I am looking for something like this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would put bar end shifters in the end of my aero bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KaliTom wrote:
That would be a complete replacement. I am looking for something like this:

You want a syntace microlink bridge. I use one on most of my bikes as it stiffens up the whole aerobar assembly.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Extensions [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is what I was thinking, but one that might me longer on curve upward. I have never been super happy with my hand placement at the end of the aero's. Thank you.

I have the aero bars on my road bike so I already have a dedicated spot for shifters.
Quote Reply