Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saucony Endorphin Speed and Pro : first reviews
Quote | Reply
Here it is, first review of the Speed :

https://www.roadtrailrun.com/...ed-review-super.html

Sound very promising.

This is the "mid range" version, the Endorphin Pro, lighter, is still to be tested.

The Speed will also be available in a black/gold version.... I love this one :
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Mar 3, 20 2:44
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very promising. Softer next%? Sign me up. Sounds like a great tempo trainer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The black gold looks amazing!

Sounds like a great shoe - the NB shoes look good too. It's an exciting time for sure!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My top 2 for the look : Speed Black/Gold and NB Elite RC !
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 And the first (brief) review of the Endorphin Pro :

https://www.roadtrailrun.com/...-1st-run-review.html

Waiting for the multi tester review.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conclusion from all these tests: nothing comes close to the vaporfly next% (or alphafly). They are more like the zoom fly.

Idem for NB, Skechers carbon shoes. None has the rebound and saves the legs like the next%...
Last edited by: Testrider: Mar 1, 20 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed and Pro : first review [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the Project Engineer from Saucony with Running Warehouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyqMMNjsHXo

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:
Conclusion from all these tests: nothing comes close to the vaporfly next% (or alphafly). They are more like the zoom fly.

Extract from RTR test of the Saucony Endorphin Speed (160 USD), the mid-range version (the Pro being the race version), comparing to Next :

"The PeBa foam in both feels quite similar in its springiness but it seems, even accounting for the carbon plate in the Next, that the Speed's midsole is softer. The Next lands and transitions through the mid foot more decisively and quickly as the heel is firmer and not as wide while the sculpted mid foot side walls really give a sense of getting forward. The Speed is more stable by a bit at the rear while softer. Upfront, the Speed is clearly softer feeling with a much more distinctly felt roll to toe off. If you like the PeBa foam feel of the Next the Speed can be a be great, let's just say more natural and gentle option, as it has some flex and its nylon plate is more forgiving in feel particularly up front. "

So, real close, and probably better for some peoples.
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Mar 1, 20 10:26
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed and Pro : first review [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been a fan of Saucony shoes the last two to three years. I will be tempted to try these out once my Nike Zoom Fly Flyknits lose their usefulness.

That black and gold combo is very attractive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another test of the Endorphin Pro :

https://www.doctorsofrunning.com/...phin-pro-review.html

Very interesting, and positive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In your review you said the shoe will release in July 2020. In your opinion, how does this tie into the shoe companies dodging the April 30th deadline? Maybe releasing a 100 or so pairs to various reviewers will tic the "open retail market" box?
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello

the Endorphin Pro (top of the range, to be used by Pro including during the Olympics) : availability is not yet announced, but you are right they will need to deliver before the "cut date"

the Endorphin Speed (a bit softer, less expensive, review linked in the first post) : planned for july 1st. Not a problem as it is not the version used by pros
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m really excited about the NB
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed and Pro : first reviews [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went for my first run in the Endorphin Pro and they didn't disappoint. I have never run in the next% only tried them on once so I can't compare... I ran a track workout in them and the pop in these shoes in addition to a rubber track was almost too much, almost. They really shine on the road. I wouldn't say i ran any faster, but smoother and more efficiently as soon as i put them on. I have a slightly wide foot and gait issues due to tibial torsion so i am very picky about shoes and i have no complaints. Right now I've been running in the NB880v10 for most runs and the clifton 6 for recovery runs.

Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:

Idem for NB, Skechers carbon shoes. None has the rebound and saves the legs like the next%...

Can I ask what you mean by the rebound and saving the legs? Are you talking the "springiness" of the shoe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Extract from RTR test of the Saucony Endorphin Speed:
"The Speed is more stable by a bit at the rear while softer. Upfront, the Speed is clearly softer feeling with a much more distinctly felt roll to toe off. If you like the PeBa foam feel of the Next the Speed can be a be great, let's just say more natural and gentle option, as it has some flex and its nylon plate is more forgiving in feel particularly up front. "

I did my first run in the Endorphin Speed last night, and I fully agree with excerpt from the review above. The only thing I'd add is that the Endorphin Speed's forefoot is noticeably wider than the Nike -- that's a huge plus for me, as the Nike Zoom Fly series have been a little too narrow in the toebox for my feet. I ran in Kinvaras for years, and this shoe has a similar fit. The Nikes have been my go-to for a few years, but I can see the Endorphin Speed replacing Nikes as a daily training shoe. On race day, I may be drawn back to the Nikes as a proven race-day shoe.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed : first review [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Endorphins and Kinvaras come in such cool/uniques colors. Unfortunately, i run in the Guide, which designs and colors would have fit in with any of the dads in the original cast of Full House.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Endorphin Speed and Pro : first reviews [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both..........

The Speed: is the best "all around" shoe I have ever run in. Its an outstanding trainer and the speed roll thing is the real deal on both. The speed is "softer" and while you can feel the nylon plate you have to pay attention to pick out of the softness. Its a good shoe for fast tempo and recovery......it can handle the entire spectrum of training. Like I said it does everything well for a trainer.

The Pro: this is faster than the speed and the plate has a very pronounced feeling. Its a firmer ride than the speed but its still cushy. The speed roll really makes your feet role through your stride as opposed to bouncing like the Nike.

Who would I recommend these shoes for?

Someone who doesn't have that pretty forefoot strike that likes the "Nike bounce" of the next%/alpha fly. Your feet "roll" forward in the speed/pro not bounce. The speed/pro have a more traditional shape meaning more stability than the Nike.

The pro upper is better IMO than the speed but the pro is a racing shoe and not a trainer like the speed. On a trainer I usually don't worry about the upper. Both shed water/sweat pretty good but the Pro is better at it.

While price is kind of a silly metric to measure a "super shoe" against I paid $160 for the speed and $200 for the pro which is cheaper than most other "super shoes" and their associated trainer especially the Nike.

Durability: My guess is both will last 300+ miles. Saucony did a really good job at protecting the foam but keeping weight down. Rubber outsoles are holding up rwell.

Is the Pro a Nike killer? Hmmmmm its pretty close IMO. Is the speed the real deal for the best all around training shoe that can do everything?......yes all day long.
Quote Reply