Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

frustrating bike store websites
Quote | Reply
A bit of a rant here but I'm a little frustrated with about 90% of the bike store web sites that I've been looking at. Why won't they list what products they have and how much they are??? Don't tell me you carry something and then provide me a link to that products web site. If I wanted to go to that web site I would have in the first place.

For example I'm simply trying to find some cheap tires for a fixed gear bike I'm putting together. I'm trying to support the local LBS's and I'm looking at thier websites but they don't list anything usefull.

Oh well guess I'll break out the phone and start calling.
Quote Reply
Re: frustrating bike store websites [dwindrim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had a look at this issue a year or so ago but I couldnt agree more. I want to know what you have in stock, price etc... Not a link to a manufacturers site. And while your at it, keep the site updated. Some have "News" sections with info that is dated over a year ago. I don't see the point of having a static site. See it once, you've seen it a thousand times, no reason to go back so you don't keep it in mind.

J
Quote Reply
Re: frustrating bike store websites [dwindrim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because sites with inventory information are expensive to build and time consuming to maintian. Most small businesses can only afford minimal web presence.

My company is currentlt going through a website redesign and branding and its gonna cost $250,000 and the site as very few bells and whistles.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply