Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Chocolate
Quote | Reply
I realized today that I might need to add chocolate to my prepper stash.

I love Cadbury fruit and nut bars. I have also found snack size York peppermint patties great for bribing kids on camping trips when a meltdown is eminent.

What chocolate do you love?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good old fashioned milk chocolate. I like Cadbury’s. I’m partial to Twix bars as well. But I am stocking up on pumpkin bread making supplies. (I know it’s not chocolate, but I like a good pumpkin bread. Plus is the zombie apocalypse happens, baking my help save my sanity!)
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I like pumpkin bread. Frosted pumpkin cookies are even better. Also, pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips. Pumpkin scones with a sugary drizzle. Pumpkin pie. Canned pumpkin purée is on my list of Corona Virus necessities.

I just threw away a gift certificate for a pound of See’s chocolate. I don’t like that stuff, and I don’t want to pollute anyone’s life with it. On the other hand, I love Coco Puffs. They’re vitamin fortified!

I used to keep dark chocolate bars in the freezer when my kids were babies and my husband was traveling and I was going batty. A frozen square of dark chocolate can ease a person’s troubled mind right quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love white chocolate and dark chocolate, especially with peanut butter. But for a prep stash, I'd go with something that doesn't melt in my mouth right away, like something really dark and hard. (that doesn't sound good.) lol
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
I love white chocolate and dark chocolate, especially with peanut butter. But for a prep stash, I'd go with something that doesn't melt in my mouth right away, like something really dark and hard. (that doesn't sound good.) lol

If that's what you are into, just embrace it.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooh I like pumpkin too! We’re going to create a pumpkin run on the stores.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

If that's what you are into, just embrace it.

It would be pretty damn big if he could.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven! I might have to get some Reece’s peanut butter cups! Hubby did get me some Girl Scout tagalongs, which are mighty tasty, but I kinda feel like I’m being unfaithful to thin mints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lindt milk chocolate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:

I love Cadbury fruit and nut bars. I have also found snack size York peppermint patties great for bribing kids on camping trips when a meltdown is eminent.

Yorks and junior mints are some of my favorite candies but I don't think of them as chocolate

I have a variety depending on classification

Teuscher for high end chocolate

Cadbury or flake

These Italian chocolates this guy brings back from Italy every year

And you have to be in the know for this one... blomers chocolate
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

What are you, some kind of chocolate hipster? Probably eat your in the know chocolate while listening to the awesome new band nobody’s heard of yet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lindt, especially dark truffle balls. Trader Joe has some good cheaper stuff — I like the 3-pack milk chocolate bars, and I bake with the big Pound Plus bars. I have a cottage food license but find that if I buy chocolate in bulk, I eat it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the money, Trader Joe's "Dark Chocolate Lovers" is tough to beat. If you're a man of wealth or prioritize spending on chocolate, Askinose is insanely good, so good you'll find it memorable for far longer than chocolate should linger in your mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy a box of 175 count York peppermint minis regularly at Sams Club.

Also the big Hershey's special dark bars when they are on sale.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not fussy when it comes to chocolate, but if I were to list a favorite it would be the Toblerone bar.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

Yorks and junior mints are some of my favorite candies but I don't think of them as chocolate

I have a variety depending on classification

Teuscher for high end chocolate

Cadbury or flake

These Italian chocolates this guy brings back from Italy every year

I just ordered what appears to be a full store sized display of mini junior mints...
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:

What are you, some kind of chocolate hipster? Probably eat your in the know chocolate while listening to the awesome new band nobody’s heard of yet...

If you're from here you'd understand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:

Fair enough. I guess my Chi knowledge stops at malort and not putting ketchup on hot dogs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory stuff. A milk chocolate truffle of some sort, or the raspberry caramel covered in milk chocolate.

In general, expensive milk chocolate, expensive dark chocolate... or a hershey's cookies and cream bar, Heath or Skor bar, maybe a butterfinger on occasion.

Glad you made this thread; I'm in a city for a conference right now and there's a Lindt store I need to hit up.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Chocolate [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:

Fair enough. I guess my Chi knowledge stops at malort and not putting ketchup on hot dogs.

Malort is foul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:

Malort is foul

It’s not something you sip to savor the flavor, that’s for sure
Quote Reply